1 (edited by hannahis 2017-08-15 07:32:53)

Topic: Free Profitable EA made by FSB Generator Online

Hi I was testing out the FSB Generator Online to see how it perform.

I generated all time frames and all symbols and tested it out in a demo account for the past 2 mths.

Below is the file that contains all the EA.

Here is the link by Fx Blue whereby I can check which strategies perform the best https://www.fxblue.com/users/1111729848/stats

Strategies code and it's symbols

Magic number that starts with...

91 = AUDUSD
92 = EURUSD
93 = GBPUSD
94 = NZDUSD
95 = USDCAD
96 = USDCHF

Magic numbers that ends with...
001 = 1min time chart
005 = 5min
030 = 30min
060 = 1H
04 = 4H
240 = 1D

I've upload in a zip file A) Experts folder for MT4, B) Profile for MT4, so eventually it's like a plug and play.  You just need to attach these files in the relevant folder in your MT4, delete and select only those EA that are profitable as seen in the Fx Blue results.

Currently, only 5 EA are worth considering

1.  EURUSD 5MIN    pf 31.98
2.  EURUSD 30MIN  pf 3.58
3.  GBPUSD 30MIN  pf 1.79
4.  GBPUSD 1H       pf - (currently only 2 trades without any loses)
5.  USDCHF 4H       pf - 2.06

There are 4 more profitable trades but with very low pf, these EA can be further improve with the following tips below.

These results are based on the "original setting" of the EA download from Generator Online.  This demo testing started in June 14 2017. 

I'll be changing some of these setting to improve it further such as

1) I'll be adding SL
2) I'll be using e-trailing as an additional trailing exit http://forex-strategies-revealed.com/mt … g-stop-eas
3) I'll be using Trade Manager (from Forex Tool Shed) to add in some profit protection function http://www.forextoolshed.com/
4) If I happened to purchase the Fx Synergy, I'll then add in Scaling in (Winner function) to increase the potential profit, especially for those that have few trade counts. http://www.pecuniasystems.com/fxsynergy

I believe there is much strength in working together. 

I hope to encourage FSB users to work together and speed up our EA success.  Since these EA are generated online, it really simply means that it's a matter of time and efforts to build a good sizable profitable portfolio (no need to reveal any secret formula etc).  Hence, instead of us working separately, wouldn't it be great if we can just join forces (and resources) and compile our finding together?

If you have any good profitable EA you have found in EA studio or Online Generator, we can pull our resources together and help one another build a good portfolio. 

I sincerely hope the ball won't stop here.  I hope there will be more and more people joining me here and upload your profitable EA (from EA studio) here for all to share.

Wishing all of you success in your EA development.

Best Regards
Hannah

Post's attachments

FSB Online Generator.zip 1000.14 kb, 86 downloads since 2017-08-15 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by hannahis 2017-08-17 18:54:56)

Re: Free Profitable EA made by FSB Generator Online

Currently, there are now 7 EA worth considering, the least pf is 1.54 and the rest very good pf values. 

Two EA with infinity Pf because haven't lost a single trade yet.   All these Ea trade at 0.1 lot size.

It is worth keeping an eye on these EA, since it already traded for 2mths.

I'll keep this testing going for the 3rd mth and then update you guys here.

After the 3rd mth, I'll create some "variants" EA with different SL or TP setting and I probably be using these EA and install them across different symbols.  For eg 93060 (GBPUSD) be applied in the other remaining 5 symbols etc.

However I will stop this project if I don't see anyone joining me to contribute cos I don't want to be working hard while the rest of FSB community sit back and take without giving back to the community at large, I don't reward such behaviours and thus I'll stop if I think this project is not encouraging more participants.

I'll then return back to my own EA development and mind of own business, nothing personal.  I already have many successful portfolio, so I don't really need anyone's EA (that's why I don't mind being the 1st person to give out the EA).

I'm not asking those of you who manually work your EA to share cos I won't do that myself, so neither will I expect anyone to reveal their trade secrets here.  However, if you have been using EA Studio to generate those EA, honestly, if 10 people were to work together, with the same effort they can achieve 10 times more efficiency.  There is power in synergy.

I'm here to create an environment whereby FSB users can join forces to help each other to save time and resources.  However, if most of you prefer to work on your own, that's completely fine with me (no offence at all to me, I respect your preference).

If you have any suggestions do let me know.  If you are interested and wish to protect your work by only sharing with those who contribute instead of openly sharing your EA like I did. Then we can create a Ryver team whereby only those who want to contribute has access to members uploaded strategies.  I'm open to any types of collaboration as long as members can start come together to speed up each other's success.

Regards
Hannah

hannahis wrote:

Currently, there are now 7 EA worth considering, the least pf is 1.54 and the rest very good pf values. 

Two EA with infinity Pf because haven't lost a single trade yet.   All these Ea trade at 0.1 lot size.

It is worth keeping an eye on these EA, since it already traded for 2mths.

I'll keep this testing going for the 3rd mth and then update you guys here.

After the 3rd mth, I'll create some "variants" EA with different SL or TP setting and I probably be using these EA and install them across different symbols.  For eg 93060 (GBPUSD) be applied in the other remaining 5 symbols etc.

However I will stop this project if I don't see anyone joining me to contribute cos I don't want to be working hard while the rest of FSB community sit back and take without giving back to the community at large, I don't reward such behaviours and thus I'll stop if I think this project is not encouraging more participants.

I'll then return back to my own EA development and mind of own business, nothing personal.  I already have many successful portfolio, so I don't really need anyone's EA (that's why I don't mind being the 1st person to give out the EA).

I'm not asking those of you who manually work your EA to share cos I won't do that myself, so neither will I expect anyone to reveal their trade secrets here.  However, if you have been using EA Studio to generate those EA, honestly, if 10 people were to work together, with the same effort they can achieve 10 times more efficiency.  There is power in synergy.

I'm here to create an environment whereby FSB users can join forces to help each other to save time and resources.  However, if most of you prefer to work on your own, that's completely fine with me (no offence at all to me, I respect your preference).

If you have any suggestions do let me know.  If you are interested and wish to protect your work by only sharing with those who contribute instead of openly sharing your EA like I did. Then we can create a Ryver team whereby only those who want to contribute has access to members uploaded strategies.  I'm open to any types of collaboration as long as members can start come together to speed up each other's success.

Regards
Hannah

Hello.

I have with EA Studio the Problem, that my Strategies are good for 2-3 weeks and then all go in DD.

I have test ~ 300 EA....

How many Rules you use for the Settings in EAStudio for search the Strategies?

Sorry for my bad englisch, i am german smile

4 (edited by qattack 2017-08-17 23:47:18)

rantampla wrote:

I have with EA Studio the Problem, that my Strategies are good for 2-3 weeks and then all go in DD.

I have test ~ 300 EA....

How many Rules you use for the Settings in EAStudio for search the Strategies?

Sorry for my bad englisch, i am german smile

First of all...Sorry for my bad German. Your English is fine...great, in fact...much better than my German! In fact, I don't know any German, so I'll just type in English. smile Never a need to apologize.

Using EA Studio is going to be a hit-or-miss process. There seem to be two theories as to the best way to proceed.

The first is to generate over short, most recent time periods and only In Sample. Set several generators into motion for a certain length of time and keep only the top few results of each instance. Place these onto a test server and see how they do. The idea is that a portion these strategies will be profitable over the short-term, until the market corrects the underlying bias that these relatively simple EAs exploit.

I cannot state one way or another whether or not that may yield any significant results. (I have chosen to start with the Second Method, below) It seems that we can search so many strategies so quickly and come up with such a mass of possible strategies that some of those strategies MUST be functional. Or perhaps we are searching so many strategies that we find mostly heavily curve-fitted strategies that fail with deployment.

Determining how to weed out these strategies and when to place them into a live account will be extremely difficult.

At any rate, if we expect these EAs to fail after a certain (relatively short) period of time, we don't have much time for live testing. We need to determine which EAs are profitable in as short of a time span as possible. I believe there will be a problem with this approach in that many strategies will appear profitable in the short term, just by dumb luck. If we have only a small sample of trades, nearly any strategy could be profitable. So for every 100 EAs we are testing, we may get more false positives than actual profitable EAs within a reasonable testing period.

You will inevitably get a bunch of EAs at the start of the test that are in profit, and nearly all will inevitably turn to a loss. Some may even "perform well" for a longer time; don't be too quick to call those "winners". Small sample size leads to many erroneous conclusions!

The combination of Portfolio Expert and MT4Tracker (https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/6728/mt … portfolio/) (thank you sleytus!) is an absolute Godsend for this method, and the second, which is (currently) my preferred method...

Second Method: Run over a large amount of data and include an OOS period. Visually inspect the OOS period to ensure it is "acceptable". Hopefully, this leads to more enduring EAs. Optimize over a portion of the most recent OOS period. I will need to experiment to determine what the optimal period is for optimization. It will actually vary with each EA, but there is not way with EA Studio to effectively determine what period that would be.

For my method, I've decided that it worthless (for me) to generate over less than M30 (my preferred TF). I set 14 instances to generating overnight and they examined a total of 1.7 EAs; after deleting a few for bad OOS, I was left with...four EAs. Not worth the time (at least not at this point!).

I'm generating on M30 over 178,398 bars. From From 2003-05-05 03:00, to 2017-08-11 23:30
50% OOS

My Acceptance Criteria are currently as follows:
Max. Amb. Bars: 10
Min. Net Profit: 10
Min Trades: 600 (a little less than one trade per week minimum)
Min. SQN: 1.6
Min. W/L: 0.30 (never gets this low anyway!)
Max Balance Dev: 15 (too high; will modify. This is a VERY interesting criteria.)
Max Stag%: 15
Max DD%: 10

I'm going to compare this with generation from 2014 to the present (less OOS) and see what happens.

Interesting discussion -- I can't help from adding my two cents...

When it comes to theories -- I'm definitely in qattack's first group -- and I wanted to make a clarification.  I do not expect the strategies I generate to fail in the short-term and therefore rush to use them before they crash.  The point I've made elsewhere, though perhaps not very articulately, is that:
(a) In my experience the "profitability lifetime" of a strategy has little relation to how I generated it.  You could spend years refining your holy grail EA and it may or may not perform well in a live account.
(b) I am *prepared* for when my strategies begin to perform poorly -- which is different than saying I expect them to only last a short time.  Hopefully they perform well over a long period of time but, if not, I don't sweat it because it is so easy to create new ones.  No strategy (or very few) will run forever -- most will require "refreshing" -- which really means re-optimizing the indicator settings.  And when you re-optimize you of course use the latest and greatest data, right?

With regards to Data Horizons -- it just doesn't make sense to me to go back so many years.  For example, 2003 -- really?   Remember your old math class where you had to fit a multi-term polynomial to some data points?   In our case the different indicator settings are analogous to the constants in front of each polynomial term and our goal is to maximize the resulting statistics.  The more data points you attempt to fit to your polynomial equation, the poorer will be the fit -- i.e. the resulting statistics.  I want to trade in 2017 -- why would I want to use data from 2003 when my goal is to get the best polynomial equation for 2017?

A criticism of the approach I take is I risk using too few data points for my resulting statistics to be statistically relevant.  And that's a valid point.  So, for me, the challenge is to use enough current data to ensure that my stats are based on at least 100 trades.  I can't say for sure whether 100 trades is the right number -- that's just what I use now and it seems a good compromise.  I'll set the Acceptance Criteria to ensure there is a minimum of 100 trades over the Data Horizon (6 - 9 months, something like that).

6 (edited by qattack 2017-08-18 06:49:31)

Keep talking sleytus, I'm edging closer to your way of thinking!!

What Time Frames are you generating over and what Acceptance Criteria are you using?

I like your "100 trades" goal. How much data are you finding that it takes to reach that goal? And how quickly do strategies generate that you are comfortable using?

I still cannot see a way to weed out the majority of strategies that could perform poorly in the immediate future, leaving mostly ones that have good profit potential. This is ultimately the most important aspect of the generation, so how do we start to approach this?

7 (edited by hannahis 2017-08-18 07:12:02)

Hi Sleytus,

I totally agree with you about the use of historical data.

I personally won't use any historical data before 2009.

With the emergence of algorithmic trading, the market has gone through dramatic changes in terms of volatility.

To make my EA fit into historical data before 2009, is doing myself a "dis-favor".

Hence, I tend to use data such as 1yr, 3yr or 5yrs.

In fact now I'm doing an experimentation to see to what extend would longer historical data has an impact on my EA's performance.

So I use one of my EA and optimize it under different data range, such as 3mth, 1yr, 3yrs and 5yrs and then I install them in demo.  I've yet to know the final outcome yet cos I usually min 3mths of demo testing to come to conclusion. 

Why demo testing?  Because demo results is ultimately the only results I trust and rely on to transfer these EA into live account. I know it takes a long time and in between I can do many other things (so it's not like I'm just sitting around waiting for the results).  At least at the end of the day, I don't have to second guess the results and I can confidently know I can replicated my demo success into my live account.

NOTE: only use demo testing if you are very confident that your broker's demo and live feed are identical and your broker's won't manipulate the live or demo feed to create "fake" trading environment.  I'm also not saying the demo account are exactly the same as live (cos there can be unfulfilled order, though never happened to me) but it's the closest simulated trading environment I can find to see how my EA would behave under "live" trading.  Bottom line, get a credible brokers who won't resort to use the above scheme to earn from clients' downfall.

8 (edited by hannahis 2017-08-18 07:40:45)

WARNING:

I've recommended the use of Fx Synergy for it's Scaling In features.

I've use the trial to test out Fx Synergy (to ensure I can create my expected workflow in Fx Synergy).

I wrote to the customer support yesterday and was informed that Scaling In function can only be applied to MANUAL TRADING.

In another words, you need to click on a specific open position and apply Scaling In for that particular position. 

I can't be automatically applied to positions opened by your EA.  The upgraded version will able to apply Scaling In automated trades as claimed by the customer relation officer.

However, I may still go ahead to buy it before the upgrade version is made available to the public (before the end of 2017) because the price will be doubled by then.

For those who are interested to get Fx Synergy, kindly PM me cos I'm trying to get a group discount.

9 (edited by hannahis 2017-08-22 07:48:51)

I've added the following as at 21 Aug.

1. Add e-trailing, to trail at profit 250 (step = 3) to all open positions
2. Use the same batch of EA and created another batch with SL = 500, then add "1" to the last magic number

Eg. 91005x (x = the new version, in this case "1" is the amended version with SL500)

Magic number that starts with...
91 = AUDUSD
92 = EURUSD
93 = GBPUSD
94 = NZDUSD
95 = USDCAD
96 = USDCHF

Magic numbers that ends with...(note if there is an additional "1" behind, it refers to amended version 1).
001 = 1min time chart
005 = 5min
030 = 30min
060 = 1H
04 = 4H
240 = 1D

Here is the link by Fx Blue whereby I can check which strategies perform the best https://www.fxblue.com/users/1111729848/stats

NOTe:

1. If you want to do a "fair" comparison of how the EA perform against each other, use the "Filter" date function and choose Start date: 21 Aug, that's where you can compare both the Original Version and the Amended Version to see whether there is improvement in trade performance due to the chances made.

2. The original start date is June 14, Some EA has no SL, some has very tight SL.  In version 1, All EA SL = 500.

3. From June 14 to Aug 20, there is no trailing add.  From Aug 21, Trailing is applied to both the original version and amended version.

4. This project will end in either end of Oct or Nov (if no one is joining in) and I'll upload all the EA and it's results and the setting for all to download. 

5. If anyone wants to join in, you can upload your EA and if possible post your demo results using Fxblue for all to monitor the results.  Hopefully the pool of EA will grow larger and larger as we work together to build our portfolio together.

Just a little update,

I've test run the new version 1 (with added trailing stop to all EA) as at 21 Aug onward.

Initial after 2mths of test (from June 14 till Aug 20), only 4 EA were worth considering for live trading.

However after adding the trailing feature as an additional/alternative exit strategy, the EA overall performance has improved tremendously.  From only 4 profitable EA, there are now more than 20 profitable EA available (of cos it is still too early to determine but at least it's more promising then before).

I hope by the end of this project, we will have at least 20 Profitable EA available for live trading.