Topic: the ea doesn't apply all logics together on mt4 tester

Hi, i can't seem to make the fsb generated EA execute all the logics together in each trade when i use it on mt4 strategy tester, it always seems to be missing one or 2 logics while it applies all the rest of the logics together, even though they are all put in the same default group A.

Thanks

Re: the ea doesn't apply all logics together on mt4 tester

What makes you say this? Can you elaborate on it? Attach your EA also for check-up.

Im working on it now, im on a MACD strategy but using very small values, gonna post updates soon to be more precise

Alright i made a few tests, still don't know what am i doing wrong ..

So i added one logic only of each of those two parameters "MACD line rises" and "MACD line changes direction upward", each one in a separate EA so i had two EAs to test, each one has only one logic

Before all that i had an EA that consists of all the logics that i wanted but the EA behaved the same exact way, and thats why i got confused

On the part where i can chose "the longer time-frame" my choice was the "15m" for both, while the strategy was made to work on the 1m chart

Testing the results to differentiate between the two logics on MT4 the MACD on both logics behaved in a non-specific way which means it could be pointing downwards, upwards, or not pointing at any direction "just a flat line" and sometimes it starts moving upward before opening a trade

What i was expecting is for the MACD to be pointing upwards at all timeson the higher time-frame before the order opens in case of "MACD line rises"

The algorithm seems to be working in some trades but at certain times the MACD line will be pointing frankly downwards and a trade will be open, which is the opposite of how i want it to behave

so to correct myself the fsb pro will execute all logics but the logic that i need to add in the algorithm must to be "MACD pointing upwards" at all times

From the tests that i made i found two things:-

1-"MACD line Rising" could either mean that its pointing upwards, downwards, or flat before it continues to rise

2-"MACD line Changes direction" upwards means the exact same thing

Both cases MACD behaves the same way

Tests were made on a 1m chart

The logics were both added on the 15m time-frame with parameters -Fast MA 4, Slow MA 8, Singal line 8-

there is no button for attaching the file by the way, i can only see img, url, post image .. etc

If you use 'Post Rely' located at the top right corner of the page, there is a way to add files.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Thanks

Post's attachments

15m-inverse-rises.xml 10.84 kb, 1 downloads since 2017-08-08 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

8 (edited by o0omin 2017-08-08 22:18:59)

and the other one

Post's attachments

15m-inverse-changes direction upwards.xml 10.89 kb, 1 downloads since 2017-08-08 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

o0omin wrote:

Alright i made a few tests, still don't know what am i doing wrong ..

So i added one logic only of each of those two parameters "MACD line rises" and "MACD line changes direction upward", each one in a separate EA so i had two EAs to test, each one has only one logic

Before all that i had an EA that consists of all the logics that i wanted but the EA behaved the same exact way, and thats why i got confused

On the part where i can chose "the longer time-frame" my choice was the "15m" for both, while the strategy was made to work on the 1m chart

Testing the results to differentiate between the two logics on MT4 the MACD on both logics behaved in a non-specific way which means it could be pointing downwards, upwards, or not pointing at any direction "just a flat line" and sometimes it starts moving upward before opening a trade

What i was expecting is for the MACD to be pointing upwards at all timeson the higher time-frame before the order opens in case of "MACD line rises"

The algorithm seems to be working in some trades but at certain times the MACD line will be pointing frankly downwards and a trade will be open, which is the opposite of how i want it to behave

so to correct myself the fsb pro will execute all logics but the logic that i need to add in the algorithm must to be "MACD pointing upwards" at all times

From the tests that i made i found two things:-

1-"MACD line Rising" could either mean that its pointing upwards, downwards, or flat before it continues to rise

2-"MACD line Changes direction" upwards means the exact same thing

Both cases MACD behaves the same way

Tests were made on a 1m chart

The logics were both added on the 15m time-frame with parameters -Fast MA 4, Slow MA 8, Singal line 8-

Determining whether indi is pointing somewhere or just a flat line visually is discretionary trading in my opinion, what FSB does is that it takes indicator values and compares them to determine if the indi has risen or fallen or has it changed direction and so on. Another important aspect is to take into account previous bar value! This means, depending on indicator settings, signal for current bar gets raised by comparing values for previous bar and the bar before previous bar. I have to admit that I don't see what you are seeing.

Well it does look like its doing what you are describing when it's rising "taking values of previous bars right before entering the trade" but what i found out to be working for me is when its obviously pointing to the upside, otherwise i will get too many risky trades

This is what worked well for me, testing 2 instruments for 1 year each, each 8 trades i get one loss and it doesn't wipe out my account, but it takes a huge amount of time to test the rest of the pairs and i wish i can put it in an EA as a logic

https://s1.postimg.org/gbd4m71vv/image.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/n0ipc958b/image.jpg

This is in comparison to the previous bar @ 19:59 which was -139

12 (edited by footon 2017-08-09 18:21:40)

o0omin wrote:

This is what worked well for me, testing 2 instruments for 1 year each, each 8 trades i get one loss and it doesn't wipe out my account, but it takes a huge amount of time to test the rest of the pairs

Huge amount of time? With FSB's realtime backtesting where you see the result in an instant?

if my memory serves me correct, there is a slight calculation differenc between MT's MACD and FSB's, you have to take that into account as well.

Sorry i didn't explain myself well, it takes me a huge amount of time to test "manually" and thats why i wish i can put it in an EA as a logic to save me time, and im using fsb to do so

So far it has been an awesome strategy builder, my own knowledge of using it is probably whats limiting me from getting the best out of it, thats why im asking a lot of questions to understand it faster and code everything into an EA