Topic: MT4-trade-history-report

The standard MT4-trade-report shows "magic number" and "comments" only when "comments" is selected, but it puts them in a second line with different formating. The same with [sl] indication.
If no comments or magic number are used it is only one line. (see attached screenshot)
When I import this 1/2-line-mixed-report into excel for certain analytic purposes this second line is very impractical and disturbing because it needs quite some work to convert it into a "one-line-format, before normal excel operations can be done.
I have tried to change the template "statement.htm" but it is "write protected" and I have tried various scrips from the I-Net but not getting to a satisfying result.
I am sure that many others have or had the same problem.
Does anyone know a handy solution please?

Post's attachments

2.jpg 23.11 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: MT4-trade-history-report

is there a Visual  Basic routine that you can develop for that...

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Sorry, I am not capable of that. I wonder that I seem to be the only one to have that problem, that's surprising, because I had expected that others also try to use MT4-Report for analysis

I use the report every day a few times. I probably have a much simpler requirement.

I think you can get someone to program Excel a bit for you, I do not think your requirement is too great.

I will ask one of my kids when he returns if he knows a simple solution and if he does, I will send that to you. I have no idea when to expect him, he is on a honeymoon. LOL

Thank you Blaiserboy for your attempt to help.
Do you use the report without the "comment"-columns? Because in fact this is then always in one line, but then you do not see from which EA the trade was.
How do you handle that?

I sort the trades in columns. alphabetically or by time or by profits and look back and forth to locate what I need.

I am interested mainly in the losers...., easy enough to locate them with the MT4 Tracker and by sorting the MT4 columns..

I do not use the reports very often except to load in to the Tracker or another application.

Now that we have the MT4 Tracker, I have been aiming for 75 per cent win, I just strip out the worst losers..

I am not really doing an indepth analysis as I can determine what is happening from MT4 Tracker

bru1 wrote:

...but then you do not see from which EA the trade was...

Thought I would chime in -- though I'm not sure if it helps...

Turns out even without the "Comments" column the Magic Numbers *are* embedded in the HTML -- however they are not displayed.  HTML is ugly, but it is human readable.  If you open the HTML file in a text editor then you'll see the Magic Numbers are surrounded by HTML tags. 

So -- all the information you need is available on a single line -- however, your script will need to be smart enough to extract the Magic Number.  It sounds like your script can extract other information from each HTML line, and since the Magic Number is not much different then you might consider revising your script.

sleytus wrote:

Thought I would chime in -- though I'm not sure if it helps...

Thank you for looking into this matter too. I did open the template and the reports with editor, but the problem there is the "tr>". You will see that this line break is unfortunately added in the template already (useless) in front of "magic number" and "comment". Because the file "statement.htm" is write protected, I cannot change it.
But in the meantime I found a script that comes pretty close to what I need and adapted it a little bit for my purpose (see attachment) But there I must still make some adaptions when I import it in excel because it is not in separet columns and the comma-sign I have to change from "," to "." to display some currencies correct (you know this problem). And this script then only shows the closed trades, the open ones are missing.
Maybe I get faster to the wanted result if I import the original file as it is and then in excel make formulas that shift the second line (in case there is one) up to the first one.
The main reason trying all that is because I want to filter out all [sl]-finished-trades over a long periode and analyse the difference to the set SL because lately I see more often unexpected differences.
Thank you for trying to help

Post's attachments

historydumpcsv_1.mq4 24.92 kb, 2 downloads since 2017-07-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

@ Blaiserboy: You are right, since we have MT4-Tracker this part of analysis became very fast and easy (Thanks to sleytus again)
But before I created the performance-curves myself from the discussed "statement" doing at least 4 tricks before I was able to use it in excel.
Thank you