Re: Initial Practices

Yes, you can.

Popov wrote:

Yes, you can.

My dear friend, thank you! This will save me a lot of time. AMAZING!

I know this question sounds silly, but I really want to work with the best performance. In your opinion, what is the best computer to run the program? I'm looking to buy a computer just to run the program exclusively. So it will be an investment.

Does "number of parallel threads" have to do with my computer's processing power?

What would be the best computer to increase the speed of the strategy creation process?

THANKS!

I am using a computer with the following settings:
- Intel Core i7 (6700), 3.40GHz
- 24GB RAM (dual channel)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

I do not know what's going on, but I feel like my computer is very slow, especially when I try to create strategies for smaller timeframes.

This is absolutely enough for running FSB Pro. For best performance you can start  2 or 3 copies of the program and to run one Generator in each of them.

31 (edited by fmFXbr 2017-07-13 07:24:56)

Popov wrote:

This is absolutely enough for running FSB Pro. For best performance you can start  2 or 3 copies of the program and to run one Generator in each of them.

Please, how can I do that? You mean installing 3 copies of the program in the same computer?

Simply run FSB Pro 3 times.

Popov wrote:

Simply run FSB Pro 3 times.

My friend, you are amazing! Thanks a lot for the help!

34 (edited by fmFXbr 2017-08-05 17:20:52)

Friends, I have posted here only when I have not found a solution. Please help me again!

I have faced a problem when I decide to test the Expert Advisors (created in "Forex Strategy Builder Pro") in Metatrader 4 (Strategy Tester). Initially I had problem for the test to start (bars necessary issues), but I already managed to get around. The problem I have faced most often is that when I start the backtest the EA simply does not open positions. I'm literally waiting 15 hours for that and no signal, nothing happens. This has occurred more than 100 times.

Is there any way to increase backtest speed in Metatrader? Is it something in the EA code?

Please help me!!!

fmFXbr wrote:

Friends, I have posted here only when I have not found a solution. Please help me again!

I have faced a problem when I decide to test the Expert Advisors (created in "Forex Strategy Builder Pro") in Metatrader 4 (Strategy Tester). Initially I had problem for the test to start (bars necessary issues), but I already managed to get around. The problem I have faced most often is that when I start the backtest the EA simply does not open positions. I'm literally waiting 15 hours for that and no signal, nothing happens. This has occurred more than 100 times.

Is there any way to increase backtest speed in Metatrader? Is it something in the EA code?

Please help me!!!

Upload your EA.

Upload your EA.

Here it is:

Post's attachments

Strategy.mq4 262.29 kb, 4 downloads since 2017-08-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

fmFXbr wrote:

Upload your EA.

Here it is:

Good!

RoC mqh file has a serious bug, which renders it useless. It was reported (and a fix offered) already some months ago by Jetaro, I didn't start to find my own solution in the middle of the night and applied Jet's fix.

Go to the following folder Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\Indicators
and substitute the mqh file with the one attached.

Post's attachments

RateofChange.mqh 5.89 kb, 11 downloads since 2017-08-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

footon wrote:
fmFXbr wrote:

Upload your EA.

Here it is:

Good!

RoC mqh file has a serious bug, which renders it useless. It was reported (and a fix offered) already some months ago by Jetaro, I didn't start to find my own solution in the middle of the night and applied Jet's fix.

Go to the following folder Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\Indicators
and substitute the mqh file with the one attached.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MY FRIEND!!!
I am very happy to be part of this community!

Hi there, my friends. I'm learning more and more! Now, I come up with one more question: Is it possible to create an Expert Advisor that enters the market through a pending order (stop / limit Buy and Sell)? THANKS!!!

What trading rule do you have in mind?

41 (edited by fmFXbr 2017-09-03 19:57:14)

footon wrote:

What trading rule do you have in mind?

I do not have specific rules, but I wanted to start a process of generating strategies considering that FSB Pro would place a BUY stop or SELL stop pendind orders, as that is how I operate manually. Is there any way I can do that before start Generator? Thanks for your help!

Use suitable indis, like Previous High/Low, Previous Bar Opening, Previous Bar Opening, indis which have set price levels. FSB doesn't place pending orders, those get handled internally (if prices reaches the set condition, position gets opened and so on).

footon wrote:

Use suitable indis, like Previous High/Low, Previous Bar Opening, Previous Bar Opening, indis which have set price levels. FSB doesn't place pending orders, those get handled internally (if prices reaches the set condition, position gets opened and so on).

I see. Thanks my friend!