Topic: Does FSB Pro work with Chart Patterns?

My dear friends, I have manually operated a strategy based on the chart pattern knows as "rectangle" (see attached picture).

https://s12.postimg.org/4qn09rant/rectangles.jpg

Is it possible for me to create an EA to operate this kind of chart pattern using FSB Pro? If there is such a possibility, I would greatly appreciate if you could guide me through the steps needed to develop this type of EA. THANKS!

Re: Does FSB Pro work with Chart Patterns?

It is completely possible such logic to be implemented in a custom indicators.

Popov wrote:

It is completely possible such logic to be implemented in a custom indicators.

Could you give me a list of indicators present in FSB Pro that I can use to create such a strategy? THANKS!

I don't think we have such indicator at the moment.

Popov wrote:

I don't think we have such indicator at the moment.

Thank you, my friend!

I often wanted to sorta impose my thinking on the generator but after a lot of experience, I learned that generated solutions are better than what I had wanted.

Perhaps you can let go of your requirements and accept that automated trading is based on mathmatics instead of patterns.

Even the indicators are math based as are the patterns that we see....  the generator will look for solutions and locate excellent ones if we allow it to do its job.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

I often wanted to sorta impose my thinking on the generator but after a lot of experience, I learned that generated solutions are better than what I had wanted.

Perhaps you can let go of your requirements and accept that automated trading is based on mathmatics instead of patterns.

Even the indicators are math based as are the patterns that we see....  the generator will look for solutions and locate excellent ones if we allow it to do its job.

Wise words. Thank you very much!

You could build some patterns using the candle indicators, I did work with that idea for a while.... but that gave me very few trades because I had to lock each indicator in the group.

My preference is to run the generator until it gives me a good strategy, does not have to be profic with trades, just good quality trades that I can rely on..... and keep making new ones to build the activity.

I am saying that I like to have many strategies on the same pair and time frame, each one being of higher quality and the number of strategies giving me the activity that I require.

It takes a long time. lol

After the generator has done its thing and made a few hundred strategies.... I look through those to locate ideas for the next run, try to refine a couple things and see if that will give me more.

When we finally get soemthing that we want to trade with, we have to be strict with the metrics.... and then we can have peace of mind as we start to use them in a real account. (my experiences have taught me well. hahaha)

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....