Topic: FST loads wrong time frame

Hi Miroslav,

I am running the same strategy on 2 computers (laptop & sever). Laptop is fine.

Server keeps setting time frame to 1 Day in FST chart when I load the 5 min strategy. MT4 did show "connected" on 5 min chart while FST wasn't connected at all. I see that MT4 is switching between "connected/not connected" which I beieve is an attempt to connect.

Incidentally, your chart display is genius. Very intuitive and the best I have seen on any platform.

Re: FST loads wrong time frame

Please give a bit more information. What broker are you using, is it 4 or 5 digit broker, did you specify different magic numbers and connection ID's for each strategy?

FXCM is 5 digit broker. BOTH COMPUTERS are using connection ID: ZERO & Expert Magic #: 20010182.

Maybe this could explain how laptop seemed to be controlling the server' trades.

For the first strategy set both connection ID=1 and Expert Magic=1
For the second strategy set both connection ID=2 and Expert Magic=2

If you are using 5 digit broker your stop-loss/TP should be e.g. 200 not 20 for 20 pip. I have experienced that when ST/TP is too small for 5 digit broker then the FST is unable to connect.

BH64 wrote:

FXCM is 5 digit broker. BOTH COMPUTERS are using connection ID: ZERO & Expert Magic #: 20010182.

Maybe this could explain how laptop seemed to be controlling the server' trades.

Hi Zenoni,

Both computers are running the same strategy. There is no permanent SL/TP MANUALLY selected in this strategy in FSB.

1.) Setting the ID/magic to the same # is different than having a "zero & the 20011084" being the same?
2.) Can I change the connection & magic # without losing the trade & history?
3.) The SAME strategy on 2 computers need different numbers? Yes?

I set ID/Magic to 1 on server. ID shows "1" in upper left side of MT4. No change.

I re-loaded strategy but still shows "1 day" time frame on chart. Still no connection. Also re-started MT4 but no good.

Watch this vide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPNZAjmUmWA

Each FST is controlled by its own connection ID and magic numbers. If you change these numbers than it will not affect the open positions.

I don't understand how I got it working but it is.

I tried everything suggested including video.

Finally, I un-installed, re-installed with FST v1 , library 0.15, 0.25 Beta. WORKING!!!!! big_smile

It seems that you don't have the latest FST installed properly.

Go to this link:

http://forexsb.com/fst-download.html

Forex Strategy Trader v1.0.0.0 - Installer
Published on February 24, 2010.
Download size - 3.07 MB.
Installation size - 4.76 MB.
Md5 Sum - 6bb22a35ec6fe6f7659e3870aa17cff5
MT4-FST Library.dll version - 1.0
MT4-FST Expert.mq4 version - 1.0

It's reasanable to install FST and update  Library.dll and Expert.mq4 in MT4.

See this: http://forexsb.com/blog/2009/11/video-e … tallation/

BH64 wrote:

I don't understand how I got it working but it is.

I tried everything suggested including video.

Finally, I un-installed, re-installed with FST v1 , library 0.15, 0.25 Beta. WORKING!!!!! big_smile