forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → Generator Results = 100% Time in Position

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Generator Results = 100% Time in Position

Hello,

I have one question concerning the Time in position.

As I read several times I want to make strategies as simple es possible.

So for example I fix one opening condition in generator and allow one additional to be used by generator.

When I do so more than 95% of the found strategies have "Time in position" of 90-100%.

This results from very simple opening logics like "MACD Histogramm falls" + opening point like "Bar Opening".

Here it will be in time always long or short, but 100%.

Do I have a possibility to filter these results out because I think it is not a good idea to always open a position.

Maybe some other users with more experience with Generator could help avoiding this problem.

Thanks delta

Re: Generator Results = 100% Time in Position

When you lock conditions, don't use logic, which is bound to give signal at every bar. Rises/falls logic, for example, signals at every bar theoretically (in practice 99% of the time). Therefore, use more strict condition like crosses level/signal line as a locked condition.

If you want to avoid many positions, you can use for instance a 200 period MA as the opening point, that will cut down the number of entries also.

Thanks. first post was clear, I already was thinking about that. I think the second one is very good idea for Fitlering. Thanks a lot. I will start trying.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → Generator Results = 100% Time in Position