forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Not generating strategies

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Not generating strategies

The generator is NOT producing strategies. I can reset all areas and use default settings and still nothing happens. I tried running for 500mins nothing, 5mins nothing. I tried deleting the settings.json file, nothing. Different pairs, different time frames, nothing. I input the correct spread and swap rates as shown by the broker still nada!

Is it the data? I have manually downloaded all data from my live account with my broker and installed in

C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\Data\******** (don't wanna advertise broker, lol)

Why can I not generate a strategy?

"Robustness is a mustness" - jimmy

Re: Not generating strategies

Hello Jimmy,

The first thing you can check is if you set a strategy in the Editor. Set a very simple strategy as Entry at Bar Open when Momentum rises and close at Bar Closing. The program must show balance line.

If not, there are several thing you can check:
- if there are loaded historical data
- if the entry amount is not too big for your account
- if the "Account exchange rate" is set correctly.

http://s10.postimg.org/tvyo90p8p/screenshot_228.png

The Account exchange rate can be "Deal price" "Not used" or some number. It cannot be 0.

If you see 0, go to Control Panel -> Account and click Update

http://s10.postimg.org/4r7nvlps9/screenshot_229.png

Do that for each Data Source you use.

3 (edited by jimmydaytrades 2017-05-19 16:35:03)

Hi Popov,

The first thing you can check is if you set a strategy in the Editor. Set a very simple strategy as Entry at Bar Open when Momentum rises and close at Bar Closing. The program must show balance line

https://s8.postimg.org/86q8rcrxt/Account_Exchange_Rate.png

This image is showing the basic settings with the account exchange rate set to: not used. As you can see there is no balance line. I have found that with some pairs some indicators will display a balance line and some indicators show no balance line.

I had to post several times as I could not attach more than one image please see post below...

The first thing you can check is if you set a strategy in the Editor. Set a very simple strategy as Entry at Bar Open when Momentum rises and close at Bar Closing. The program must show balance line.

https://s4.postimg.org/535dzch15/Different_Pair_TF.png

As you can see different instrument different time frame basic logic...

Hello Jimmy,

https://s30.postimg.org/njd2lba4d/Data_in_FXSB.png

Data folder.

I am not sure as to how many iterations of the generator you are allowing. Sometimes it takes maybe 50,000 or 100,000 to get results.

I suggest that you load one of the samples and experiment with that.... we know that the generator will work with those.

Another idea.... use somthing to trigger a trade, eg moving average crossover, or stochastic crossover.....

It may take hours and hours for the generator to find somethi8ng that will work.....  try to design a bit of a system with a trigger.

I know your frustration...... been there a gazillion times.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Thanks for help. I love the software and the customer service is outstanding. I will be sure to watch the youtube vids by Popov. I have also been reading over your posts Blaiserboy and appreciate your contribution to the trading community. I managed to pump out over 1000++ strategy's for 3 different instruments on 3 different time frames over night. So I will see what happens from here.

Try the EA studio...... you might get some good ideas from the strategies it develops.
I have four of them running...

I wish it was not the weekend. want to try out some of the strategies on demo. LOL

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Not generating strategies