forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 2 of 6)

Forex Software → Portfolio Expert → Portfolio Expert

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Portfolio Expert

Popov wrote:

Ping Change from 300ms to 960 ms

It is because there is a server smile . When I remove the server it will be faster.
Seriously. If it works well, I'll rewrite the server in MQL and will put it in the EA. This is step number 2 in my 100 steps plan.

Cool ok, i wirte all this, i think somethings help you for find bugs or making better. smile

A question about how one would go about "refining" a collection...

Suppose I have a collection of 100 EAs and use Portfolio Expert to download it as a single EA.  I then attach it to a chart in a Demo account.  And suppose that overall the trading goes well, but there is one EA (e.g. 10057) that is clearly a loser.  And I want to remove it from the collection.  Using EA Studio, how do I know which EA to remove from the collection?  I assume it would be the 57th EA -- but it seems like one thing that is missing is a way to better identify specific EAs in the collection that would make it easy to refine it (i.e. add and remove specific EAs).

Please don't take this as a complaint -- it certainly is not intended that way.  Just some feedback to help me (and perhaps others) take full advantage of this wonderful tool.

A question about how one would go about "refining" a collection...

Possible solution could be to re-import the portfolio expert as a collection, recalculate, sort and filter the strategies.

I'll make it possible to re-import the portfolio expert.

By itself I'm not sure that re-importing is sufficient.  My MT4 Account History shows me that EA 10057 keeps losing and I would like to remove it from the collection.  So, even if I can re-import back into EA Studio, then how do I know which EA in the collection corresponds to 10057 so I can remove it from the collection?  Would I edit the mq4 source file and delete the 57th strategy from the strategyList[] array and then fix-up the indices?

Would I edit the mq4 source file and delete the 57th strategy from the strategyList[] array and then fix-up the indices?

This is a possible solution. I'll try to make it much easier.

Hello.

On Demo its work fine.

Is it ok, when i put it next week on Real? Or make you changes on it, that it for real to risk?

Thank you smile

It is too early for real trading. We have to check strategy by strategy and indicator by indicator if it executes correctly.
I don't have reasons for doubt but it really needs more tests.

Okay, thank you for Answer.

Please write, when Live Trading is ok.

Thank you smile

Hi Popov,

I noticed when I loaded/ran the bundled Strategies on the Auto Trading with manual lot size adjustment prior to loading into the chart that the actual executed order did not reflect the new adjusted lot size. For example, I adjust the lot size to be 0.28 for the single Strategy which contains a total of 9 strategies. The original strategy was created in the EA_Studio as 0.5 lot.  Upon loading into MT4, the log show the strategy was loaded correctly with the 0.28 lot size but the actual order did not carry out the new lot size adjustment and used the 0.5 lot size instead. Please see the image below:

Post's attachments

bundledStrategies_incorrectLOTsize.jpg 619.21 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi Popov,

As a follow up test, I took the same bundled Strategy on another account and manually modified the *mql4 file's lot size [static input double Entry_Amount=0.16; // Entry lots]  and manually compiled again and then attached the strategy to the chart screen.

That did not seems to help and the open positions are all still set to Entry Amount = 0.5. I am not sure where is the cause of the Entry lots size error.

Post's attachments

bundledStrategies_incorrectLOTsize_2.jpg 537.36 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I am going to suggest that you retain the collection file so that you can modify from there. I think that may be a solution.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Kasid, you are right,

The portfolio expert trades the amount set in the individual strategies.

We have to choose what is better:
- To have an option in the Portfolio Expert and all strategies to trade equal amounts. It will be easy to set.
- To remove that option and to allow each strategy to trade individual amount.

I started an MT4 with 300 strategies, there is about 110 open orders at present.......

What I notice is that there is no load on my computer...... it is like there is nothing open!

When I tried to run 300 strategies a few months ago, my computer was working too hard, so I stopped.

This new multi strategy tool is going to allow a huge amount of testing to happen!!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Es ist eine ziemlich geile Sache. Wir müssten dann allerdings in der Lage sein, die schlechten Strategien zu entfernen.

Die Idee ist grandios. 300 Strategien auf einmal testen .... dann eine Handvoll richtige rauspicken..genial

Hi Popov,

Yes. I like to have an option to have the lot size of all strategies under a Downloaded Portfolio Expert to be adjustable.  This is is so to help adjust risk exposure when exported strategies size is readjust to quantity less than 100.

Currently I am not able re-adjust lot size of all strategies of the Portfolio Expert even if I upload the original collection of the portfolio expert and modify the lot size under /Reactor Input/Strategy Properties and click /Collection/Recalculate. Is there any other workaround?

-David

New version of the Portfolio Expert is uploaded.  Now the "Entry Amount" parameter in the expert input sets the trading amount of each containing strategy.

in order to update your expert you have to do the following:
1. Upload your collection
2. Recalculate the collection
3. Export a Portfolio Expert

Popov -- a question about strategy Magic Numbers...

In a post above you wrote:
      "Example Base Magic Number: 100
       Strategy Magic Numbers: 100001, 100002, ... 100099, 100100"

My question is: Do Magic Numbers start at '001' or '000'?  In your earlier post it suggests '001', but the Account History in my Demo Account reports an order with a Magic Number of '100000'.

The reason I ask is because I want to edit the *.mq4 and remove strategy '100035' and I'm not sure whether to remove the 35th or 36th member of strategyList[].

Thanks...

Hello

When i save The Portfolio Expert with 100 Strategies, can i load this later back in EA-Studio?

Thanks

44 (edited by jimmydaytrades 2017-06-11 03:49:21)

Hello

When i save The Portfolio Expert with 100 Strategies, can i load this later back in EA-Studio?

Thanks

Yes you can. There is an upload option available.

"Robustness is a mustness" - jimmy

I edit the mq4 source file and delete the 57th strategy from the strategyList[] array and then fix-up the indices?

Is this is the method used to filter the strategies at this point in time?

After making changes to the EA portfolio, is there a way to save the updated EA portfolio as a .json file?

Or can I import the updated EA portfolio as a .mql file back into EA Studio for further analysis?

Can I have more than one portfolio EA on one account? How would the magic numbers differentiate between each other?

jimmydaytrades wrote:

Hello

Thanks

Yes you can. There is an upload option available.

Yes, this Option i have use, but nothing happens.

I have over 1 week of my VPS search Strategies in EA Studio. Then i have this save as portfolio Expert.

When i this load on my home Pc, then nothing happens after load in EAStudio.

That is my Problem.

Then i have this save as portfolio Expert.

Ahh, yes, it is important to save as a collection first. You able to upload the entire collection again in the format of a .json file.

I have asked the same question in regards to uploading a Portfolio EA. I am unsure of how to do this...

I can only see the option to upload the .json file, not the .mql file.

Hopefully we can get some help with this.

Can I have more than one portfolio EA on one account? How would the magic numbers differentiate between each other?

If I edit the MQL source code and change the default Magic number to another then this should solve the issue?

Sorry, i was wrong. I can save the Collection as .json

that works fine smile

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Portfolio Expert → Portfolio Expert