Topic: multiple entry points?

Hi Popov, thanks for great tool!

I have question regarding possibility of having multiple opening points of the position.
For example I would like my system to open position at either: ross hook up or fractal or pivot point.

And also, if my system has two opening logic slots let's say conditionA AND conditionB can we
make it something like conditionA OR conditionB so the order is fired if either of those two is satisfied?

Regards

Re: multiple entry points?

Using different entry points or OR entry logic conditions means different strategies. You can simply backtest them one by one. When you are sure that all of them are profitable, you can start trading the strategies simultaneously by switching on "multiple copies" option and setting unique IDs of FST and the expert.

3 (edited by ppioter 2010-01-29 18:54:45)

Re: multiple entry points?

Thank you Popov!

Yes I am aware that I can break down such strategy into few "smaller" experts, however I find running five copies of FST simultaneously a little bit awkard. But I also understand that incorporating OR logic in FSB would complicate the program - perhaps unnecessarily.

One more thing - is there a way to change Maximum Drawdown in strategy generator from currency value to account percentage? I think that'd be very good idea.

Regards