Topic: Optimize in Stragie Build good or not?

Hello.

I have two Questions for the User with many Experience here smile

Is it good Strategie Search with OOS Option or better without?

Is it good after a Strategie Search with good Results, this EA then with Optimizer to run and more optimize or better not?

Have anyone Hints for me?

Thank you smile

Re: Optimize in Stragie Build good or not?

There are many traders that beliеve that when OOS is on the Generator produces more robust strategies. This is because it uses part of the data series for "training" the strategy and the rest of the data for "trading" simulation. I personally cannot neither confirm nor deny this.

Regarding the Optimizer, there is no correct answer here also. It adjusts the indicator parameters in order to improve performance but this may lead to curve fitting. No matter you use it or not, you have to check you strategies with Monte Carlo.

FSB Pro comes with powerful tools but you must use them properly and carefully.

Okay, thank you for this Hints smile

It helped me smile

The best test....... is to run the strategy in a demo account for a good long period of time and then using small lots on a real account.

I have done many kinds of testing prior to attaching to a chart....... sometimes it works well and sometimes not so good.

The real test is from live data on a real account.

My thinking is that the market can change over time, we have to observe those changes in order to know if the strategy will work.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Thank you for your reply.
When do you decide that a strategy no longer works. After loss? If so, how many days lost overall?

You can feed the data into FSBpro and check the numbers, the ratios to see if you want to keep the strategy.

A five minute chart you will evaluate much faster than a 4 hour chart....

We each have to decide the most suitable periods for each time frame.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....