Topic: FSB New vs Old version

Hi Popov,

I noticed something and I wonder the reason of it. In the previous version of FSB when I opened an existing strategy; intrabar loading was happening automatically. But in the new version I have to go to intrabar scanner and scan it myself. Even after making intrabar scanning if I change a variable in my strategy, calculation collapses and I go and make intrabar scanning again. It takes in my computer nearly 3 minutes to complete intrabar scanning so it takes a lot of time for me to make that everytime I change a variable.

I wonder if the new version makes backtest more reliable. Because if its not more reliable or better testing I want to continue to use old version.

Thanks..

Re: FSB New vs Old version

I dont know why, but I uninstalled the new version and installed old version and its not calculating intrabars automatically like the new one. In the past it was calculating but its not now :S I couldnt find what I'm doing wrong.

I wonder if the new version makes backtest more reliable.

The scanning function is the same.

In the previous version of FSB when I opened an existing strategy; intrabar loading was happening automatically.

You  can set FSB to load the intrabar data automatically by switching on the Testing - Automatic Scan option.

Popov wrote:

I wonder if the new version makes backtest more reliable.

The scanning function is the same.

In the previous version of FSB when I opened an existing strategy; intrabar loading was happening automatically.

You  can set FSB to load the intrabar data automatically by switching on the Testing - Automatic Scan option.

Thank you Popov, that solved my problem smile