Topic: Does MT4 Demo 'Balance' have to be same as FSB Pro EA 'Balance

I am still trying to figure out why my FSB Pro EAs - which are developed with a Starting Balance of $2000 - when Exported to a New MT4 Demo account that typically has a Starting "balance' of $999,999, never ever show a profit.  My question is, is the large difference in Starting Balance a factor???And when Footon says my EA works fine on the MT4 does he mean on the MT4 Strategy Tester or does he mean he attaches it to a MT4 chart and the EA proceeds to make a profit from time to time?
At the present time my 320_EURUSD15M EA is attached to Oanda MT4 Demo chart EURUSD,M15 and the MT4 Balance of $999,364 shows a pending loss of about $18.  The MonteCarlo [no Strategy variation checked] shows  for Confidence Level 95% [$2274.41 NetBalance $0.92 Ppd & 0.89 Win/Loss ratio]

Post's attachments

320_EURUSD15M.xml 12.5 kb, 6 downloads since 2017-03-27 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Does MT4 Demo 'Balance' have to be same as FSB Pro EA 'Balance

The simple answer is no, demo balance cannot be the same as FSB balance. Can you make a difference between backtesting and demo trading? How did you come up to the idea that future trades have to match a backtest to a T??? I mean how it is possible to have the same trades through 2 different datasets? Sounds like an occult theory...

Let me explain once more what I said to you in your former thread: I took your strats, put them on demo, put them on strategy tester and they worked as expected. Values matched, trades matched, everything checked out.

The part, which contains "profit"... FSB doesn't produce profit, it is a tool for strategy development, strategies when traded can produce profit. And it is down to the user to develop and choose the strategies.

3 (edited by jgp_altus 2017-03-27 14:53:43)

You're not listening to me.  I have never said that the exported FSB Pro EA, when attached to the proper MT4 Demo chart has to perform exactly as on FSB Pro.  It doesn't trade at all!! Now, here's a clue, on occasion, when I get up in the morning, the MT4 Balance shows an impending profit or loss, but apparently not enough to trigger my EA's Exit criteria.  I can manually close those trades and add or subtract to my balance.  But what I'm trying to tell you guys is that for some reason, those profits [or losses] are never triggered automatically.  Now, here's something else.  I am trading on a 64-bit PC running Windows 10 and my FSB Pro is included, as it should be, in Program Files (x86).  I am Program Administrator and I am frequently told by dropdown boxes that some program seeks to make changes to my PC and asks me if I give permission for it to make such changes.  I virtually always give such permission. Now, could that be my problem? That the exported FSB EA attached to a MT4 chart has to ask 'permission' to close a trade.  I don't know enough about how Popov's EA interacts with MT4, Win10, etc etc.

4 (edited by jgp_altus 2017-03-27 18:05:19)

320-Eurusd15M

Post's attachments

320_EURUSDM15_OANDA - MetaTrader.png 141.17 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Try To Install Mt4 To c: drive  And Not To c:\Program Files (x86)

As I understand it, with a 64-bit Pc, it is located at the proper place.  Of course many older programs will not even function properly there.

jgp_altus wrote:

It doesn't trade at all!!

It sure as hell does if I look at your screenshot!!!

jgp_altus wrote:

Now, here's a clue, on occasion, when I get up in the morning, the MT4 Balance shows an impending profit or loss, but apparently not enough to trigger my EA's Exit criteria.  I can manually close those trades and add or subtract to my balance.  But what I'm trying to tell you guys is that for some reason, those profits [or losses] are never triggered automatically.

If you interfere and close positions every time you get up in the morning while those are in -ve, they're going to be losses in the balance sheet!!!

If your SC shows current price at 1.08738 and TP at 1.07755 and SL at 1.10617, expert needs to close the positions automatically for what reason?

My screenshot shows exactly what I've been telling you. Positions are opened by the EA that modify the Equity, but they  don't result in the Account Balance being changed.  It looks to me like the EA is not able to modify the Balance.  And the reason I manually made a few closures was to see if a direct action on My part could result in EA positions being closed.  That's consistent.  The EA can't, But I can manually.  Perhaps because I'm the Administrator.  I haven't closed any positions manually since I learned that I could.  I say again, we've [including you & Blaisserboy] have essentially shown that  everything works fine up until the times the EA Should make gains or losses to the Balance.  The Real World.  My EAs typically have Take profits at 200 or less and Stop Limits at  least ten times that.  The EA you've seen on FSB Pro has Executed orders= 355, Win/Loss ratio = 0.91, Time in position = 72%, profit/day=1.29USD, Max Equity drawdown = 3.07%, Minimum Balance =2000.0USD.  In other words, the EA shows a profit from the gitgo, and never falls beneath that level while testing 19821 bars.  I do not expect that kind of performance in the real world of the Account Balance.  BUT I do believe that in several years of trying I ought to have been able to obtain at least one winner!!!

Show us where it goes wrong. Show us. Your previous screenshot is not showing anything except full working order.