Topic: Strategy works on backtest - Does not work on MT4

Dear Friends,

Can someone help me, because i made the strategy, i have backtested it on MT4 where it shows some results -worked well, no errors. On live, it does not work.

Then i have exported it onto my MT4 on VPS and since two weeks there is no transaction at all - no errors in log. Where is the problem ?

Indicators which the strategy use i dont have in My MT4, but i think that it shuldnt show the testing results also.

I can add just 1 picture, here are the strategies that i made:

https://megawrzuta.pl/filesgroup/61e483429bc1a0a3dd4d7299ca6cb4f8.html

Post's attachments

vps.jpg 112.54 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Strategy works on backtest - Does not work on MT4

You are using the Maxmillion expert from the Repository?

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Hello,

Many useless indicators. I've tested it in FSB.
I removed all the indicators that had little impact on the curve.
Opening conditions: pin bar, percent range, CCI, the second bollinger bands, ROC MA oscillator, the average true range.

For the closing conditions: CCI removed, MACD removed, moving average crossover removed.

Curve is still good and is even better after optimizing.

It needs to be improved but gives already positive results in my backtest. You can try with your data.

thorxahest wrote:

Dear Friends,

Can someone help me, because i made the strategy, i have backtested it on MT4 where it shows some results -worked well, no errors. On live, it does not work.

Then i have exported it onto my MT4 on VPS and since two weeks there is no transaction at all - no errors in log. Where is the problem ?

Indicators which the strategy use i dont have in My MT4, but i think that it shuldnt show the testing results also.

I can add just 1 picture, here are the strategies that i made:

https://megawrzuta.pl/filesgroup/61e483429bc1a0a3dd4d7299ca6cb4f8.html

Post's attachments

Sans titre.jpg
Sans titre.jpg 86.23 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many indicators!!
Cut it down to 2 or 3.
It is not worth spending your time with so many indicators, the strategy will not last.

I agree

Blaiserboy wrote:

Cut it down to 2 or 3.
It is not worth spending your time with so many indicators, the strategy will not last.

So the strategy is fine,but there is too many conditions so it waits to long for action ?

When you have time, search for articles on 'curve fitting', there are some in the forum and quite a few on the web.

Too many indicators causes 'curve fitting' problems because the indicators are optimized to the data. and are probably going to fail in future.

I use the EA Studio a lot....... I have probably seen it generate 10,000 strategies in the past three weeks........ and the best strategies are using two or three indicators.....

When we first started with Forex Stategy Builder, we were limited as to the number of indicators. and we pressed for more.. and got 8 slots I think.

Then when FSBPro came out, there was capacity for 8 and we pressed for more. now you can use, I think, about 54 in total....

I do not think that many people who wanted to use a great number of indicators are still trading..... their strategies did not last.

Years ago, Popov warned us against too many indicators... and if you look in the old threads, yopu will see that there are some great strategies with only a couple indicators.

The test is Multi Markets........ if the strategy does not do well in the Multi Markets.... chances are it will fail with new data.

Even when it passes Multi Market there is a chance of failure because of the nature of the markets.  Multiple indicator strategies do not do well with Multi Market.

Thank you, I am really greatfull for your advices. I will try to improve it.

I have one more question - is there any way to open an MQL or ex4 file in the FSB ? Because i have lost the XML file.

Thank you, I am really greatfull for your advices. I will try to improve it.

In most of the case is much easier and faster to create a new strategy instead of improving an old one. All is going to an optimal settings of the acceptance criteria and suitable analysis with the other. Every trader has an individual approach and you will find what is working for your with the time.

is there any way to open an MQL or ex4 file in the FSB ? Because i have lost the XML file.

You can import the EA back in FSB Pro. Simple drag and drop the MQL code over FSB Pro.

Thank you Mr Popov.

I have to get back to start of my post.
Since 2 weeks i haven't any action on my VPS. There is Smile so the strategy should works properly.
Backtests on MT4 shows some actions for couple months.

I also tested the strategy on backtest on M1 timeframe - in the history shows among 4 transactions per day. On live platform for couple days the weren't any actions.

Might be the reason that i dont have the indicator (e. Moving Average Crossover) which strategy uses in the MT4 ?
But for me there should not show any action on backtest MT4 ?

attach the strategy, the xml file

Hello,

For example here is strategy, I have backtested it in MT4 M1 to check actions, and for 74 days there is over 200 transactions. I dont have for example Cumulative Sum indicator in my MT4, and the strategy still trading on backest using this indicator.

On my real MT4 on VPS, I have open the same strategy, and there isn't any action i don't know why.

Post's attachments

MaxMillion USDJPY h1 v3.xml 17.11 kb, 8 downloads since 2017-03-02 

you do not need the indicators on MT4, they are within the strategy.

I just did a little test on the EA.... it works fine.....

The problem you have is with your VPS which is semthing you will have to discuss with them.

It may be that your VPs is in the habit of collecting money for no value... or your broker does not like the EA...... in any event nothing to do with FSBPro.

You will have to discuss with VPS or try another VPS or another broker.

I am greatfull for your time, I will try solve it somehow.

Once more i wanted to thank you all.

I found the reason that the strategy doesnt work on real account.

I have an Micro account, that I had to open strategy on Micro pairs smile

See you!

ManuB76 wrote:

I agree

Blaiserboy wrote:

Cut it down to 2 or 3.

Mybe one more thing - strategy should be simplest, I understand, but 2-3 slots can be on opening and 2-3 slots on closing, or 2-3 in total  both ?

thorxahest wrote:
ManuB76 wrote:

I agree

Blaiserboy wrote:

Cut it down to 2 or 3.

Mybe one more thing - strategy should be simplest, I understand, but 2-3 slots can be on opening and 2-3 slots on closing, or 2-3 in total  both ?

The only thing I can add is that I made the same mistakes. I'm pretty new here. First, I made a couple of super heavy strategies with 7 and 9 slots. I thought it had to be a complex program to trade successfully. I had good results during the first two weeks and then bam! I've lost 50% of what I won in 1 day. Now I follow the advice of Blaiserboy. I try to keep it at 2 to 3 slots and so far it's not worse than before.