forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → MetaTrader Bar Closing issue and fix with Forex Strategy Builder

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: MetaTrader Bar Closing issue and fix with Forex Strategy Builder

Hello Traders,

This video demonstrates a bug of MetaTrader for generating ticks near to the end of a bar in tick mode.
I show a workaround to that problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqgQJ4_Gm9Q

2 (edited by Hannes 2017-02-21 19:05:13)

Re: MetaTrader Bar Closing issue and fix with Forex Strategy Builder

I have a similar, but slightly different problem.
I want to open positions directly upon weekly opening gaps. The ticks are coming (and it works in "Every Tick" mode in MT4 backtesting), but the broker is still closed and rejects my orders. I guess the broker accepts orders within a minute or so.

I tried using "Entry Time" opening (at 0:01), but then there are no trades made. One way I tried to solve the problem is, I tried to use two different opening logic conditions for the gap detection; (1) Previous Bar Closing and (2) "Open Close Gap". But they both seem to rely on the "Bar Opening" opening point to work and don't work with "Entry Time" opening point. Any suggestions how I could go about that?

You can use Entry Time but it must be "divisible" by the time frame. For example, if you use M15 time frame, you have to set entry time at 00:15, if you use H1 time frame, the entry must be at 01:00.
Entry at 00:01 is possible only at M1 time frame.

I think this one should be a sticky note

Popov wrote:

Hello Traders,

This video demonstrates a bug of MetaTrader for generating ticks near to the end of a bar in tick mode.
I show a workaround to that problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqgQJ4_Gm9Q

Hello, i dont see any video here
how was this fixed ?
bar closing is not working when you do a backtest with MT4 you see it closing NOT at the bar closing

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → MetaTrader Bar Closing issue and fix with Forex Strategy Builder