forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → strategy generator questions

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: strategy generator questions

Hi, when I run the strategy generator and choose to link an indicator, what parameters does it change?

I don't *think* it tries longer time frames, is that correct? If not is there a way to enable that in a config file maybe?

Re: strategy generator questions

You are right.

There are uncountable number of strategies, rules and conditions more than enough for creating strategies on any market.

Making Generator slower with adding functions for generating LTF indicators will not increase the number of strategies it will create.

ok thanks.  I might be wrong, but LTF *appears* to be useful for Pivot Points especially, and moving averages to show the longer term trend.  Guess it can just be set manually smile

Yes, of course you can do that.

Set the rules you like in the Editor, than lock these indicators in the Generator.

5 (edited by jetaro 2017-02-12 18:54:58)

one last question if I may.  When you select how many slots to use for opening and closing, is that in addition to the ones I've selected or is that including them? and does that counting the default opening slot? sorry for all the questions. I did read your online manual first before asking these smile

The locked slots are counted also. That allows you to execute various scenarios.

Fore example, if you link 3 slots and set max 3 opening slots, the Generator will only change the current indicators.

If you lock 2 indicators, and set 3 slots, the Generator will set one more indicators.

7 (edited by jetaro 2017-02-12 19:14:06)

ok that's how I hoped it worked thanks smile  That way I don't have to uncheck and recheck a bunch of items in the indicator list.  The generator will decide whether to group them or not, correct? Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

I usually let the generator do its thing, without locking or chaining because I am looking at certain statistics at the end of the day.

Once we start to use the locks and chains, we are limiting the performance of seeking the best results.

We actually need only a few indicators that are supplied in the installation, the generator will do the rest.... all we have to do is select the best results.

Personally, when I start the generator, I am looking for 6 stratgeies that meet my needs. and I let it run until it serves up the 6. That could take an hour or three days.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

The more I've been analyzing the more I have to say I agree with you. 

I'm starting to feel that entering the market is the easy part.  You probably could just pick any time and jump in.

What seems to be MORE important is knowing when to get out and money management.

That is so correct, and FSBPro is well equipped for both of those

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Hello Blaiserboy.

One Question after the 6 Strategies you have found.

Use you after fount it the Optimizer for the Strategies or use you the Strategies without Optimizer?

Sorry for my bad Englisch.

Thank you, Marcus

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → strategy generator questions