1 (edited by Hannes 2017-02-01 00:02:35)

Topic: EA doesn't add to position in MT4

The following EA doesn't add and substract from the position in MT4 (neither live nor backtesting) as it does in FSB. I have no clue why that could be, as other EA's add and subtract just fine.

Post's attachments

EURUSD_M15_FisherTransform.mq4 353.05 kb, 6 downloads since 2017-01-31 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: EA doesn't add to position in MT4

Check if 0.01 % of your MT account is not less than the Margin required for opening the minimum amount allowed for trading for the corresponding market.

If it is, the expert cancels the entry.

The solution is to increase the adding and reducing % or to set directly the minimum lot for trading.

You have so many indicators that the Mt4 probably gets confused....

For this one. activate the log file so Popov can have a look at it...

You should only need 1 or 2 indicators in opening logic and same with closing logic.

By using so many indicators you are guaranteeing that the thing will blow up.

Today I am making a strategy with one opening logic and one closing logic and I have bar closing and bar opening both locked. The Opening logic is locked also..... leaving only one variable as well as stop loss and take profit to worry about

The reason that I use so few indicators is that I know profitability is greatly enhanced by using only a couple.

Your chances of winning are dramatically reduced by using many indicators, you will always be re-optimizing and still have a curve fitted strategy....

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Popov wrote:

Check if 0.01 % of your MT account is not less than the Margin required for opening the minimum amount allowed for trading for the corresponding market.

If it is, the expert cancels the entry.

The solution is to increase the adding and reducing % or to set directly the minimum lot for trading.

I'm aware of that, but that's not the problem. My MT4 account is 5x the size of the FSB simulation account. Have you tested my EA in MT4? Maybe it's only a problem with my MT in some way. But I don't think so.

You have so many indicators that the Mt4 probably gets confused....

If the software is written and tested well, it should scale properly. And I know of the prevailing opinion that many indicators lead to curve-fitted results. But not under all circumstances. As I said before, if the EA performs well OOS, I think it should be fine. But I'm aware that you have years of experience, so I'll not be dismissive of what you say and be extra cautious.

Btw., if you look at the EA, it has only 2 (!) entry conditions. And the exit conditions above 3 probably hardly matter, because I use 'Week Closing' and the probability that it closes at the end of the week is probably >90%.

if you post the FSBPro  strategy, I will have a look at it.

I need to see the bars where it adds to the position in FSBPro and not in Mt4

Dave, you can drag / drop the EA over FSB Pro and it will recover the strategy.

I am not sure what you mean....

Are you saying that I can drag that MT4 startegy to my FSBPro and it will make xml for me...?

Blaiserboy wrote:

I am not sure what you mean....

Are you saying that I can drag that MT4 startegy to my FSBPro and it will make xml for me...?

Yes, you can import the strategy back. Strategy -> Import Expert Advisor back...

In this case, I do not have the original EA in FSBPro. does that still work.......?

I tried a couple, dragging from MT4, no luck......

Blaiserboy wrote:

In this case, I do not have the original EA in FSBPro. does that still work.......?

I tried a couple, dragging from MT4, no luck......

Not sure I understand what you're saying.. EA's that you created with FSB can be imported back into FSB (and save them as an xml). So if you download the .mq4 file from my original post, you can import it back into FSB.

That's what I thought, the thing has to be in FSBPro before that will work, I understand, thanks