Topic: file import error

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with the data file attached? I've generated files for EURUSD 1D and 1H (and only those two files are in new data folder), but when I point FSB to that data folder, it says "Could not recognize data file format! Error in the data file", and no additional info is given.

I would just open existing files in Excel and paste new columns values, but Excel 2007 just opens them as comma-delimited, and I couldn't make it to understand that this is tab-delimited, not comma-delimited.

Why go for tab-delimited at all?

Thanks in advance.

Re: file import error

Replace time column "0:00" with "00:00". That will fix the problem.

The general data row match pattern is:

^[\t ;,]*\d{1,4}[\./-]\d{1,4}[\./-]\d{1,4}[\t ;,]+\d{2}(:\d{2}){1,2}([\t ;,]+\d+[\.,]\d+){4}([\t ;,]+\d{1,10})?

Time must be: hh:mm or hh:mm:ss
Pattern:

\d{2}(:\d{2}){1,2}

Here is the converted file:

Thanks a lot,

I should probably write a quick converter. Do you use RegExp?

If the change is only in the time format, the easiest way is to use notepad, wordpad or some other text editor. I'm using Notepad++.

For more complex changes I'm using AWK. See this thread http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/164/awk-data-converter/

i tried to import data files from meta4 trader...usd/jpy...it still work but...but the data what i have from meta 4 for import are UNTIL ( 1999.08.02)...and  the forex strategy builder let me backtesting only from 25.02.09

why?

skapa wrote:

i tried to import data files from meta4 trader...usd/jpy...it still work but...but the data what i have from meta 4 for import are UNTIL ( 1999.08.02)...and  the forex strategy builder let me backtesting only from 25.02.09

why?

A possible reason is the max bas limit in Market->Data Horizon.