forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → Tick data software

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Tick data software

Hello,

I'm trying FSB and I follow the tutorials. The program is user friendly and the tutorials are very clear. I have a few strategies that are ready to test, and I now wonder if a program like Tick Data Suite is still required to backtest my EA in MT4.

I see you do not use this kind of software. So, I think just going to run a week or two the EA's on my demo account for testing directly as well. The chart data I have loaded in fsb comes from Dukascopy through Quantum Tick Downloader.

I tried to copy the data directly from MT4 as seen in one of the tutorials on data import, but FSB did not upload 30M chart correctly for eurusd. I then used just Tick Downloader, but now it's the Daily chart that is not loading. Anyway, I was able to load all other charts and generated the EA's to run on 1M and 5M. Hopefully there is not much difference with my brokers data.

Re: Tick data software

There should be no reason to use other than FSB Demo data or your own broker data.

I have never had to use anything else and I have developed a ton of strategies over the years.

The program works perfectly as is, no need to complicate things.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

There should be no reason to use other than FSB Demo data or your own broker data.

I have never had to use anything else and I have developed a ton of strategies over the years.

The program works perfectly as is, no need to complicate things.

Do you set the FSB Data Directory as the data source for all your various broker profiles? Would this be for evaluation purposes only? On finding a good strategy, would you then switch the data directory of the broker profile to the relevant broker data?

I have a simple operation.

I do some initial work with the Demo data. which is always current, that saves me from having to play around with Metatrader.

When I get something that I can trade...... I then use the broker data.

I use only one broker because I like to keep things very simple.
I prefer to not have to update too much so one broker does the trick for me.

Most of my time is spent using the FSBPro Demo data and quite a few times I have had good results trading without having to use my broker data. for testing.

My suggestion would be to find a broker that deals with many, many banks as their data will be close to the Demo data.

I allow a spread and also slippage when testing.... perhaps that is why I can go from FSBPro to trading without much problem.

Hope that answers your query.

Maybe others have opinions they would share.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

Hope that answers your query.

It certainly helps, thank you.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → Tick data software