Topic: Position sizes differ in MT4

I can't get MT4 to place the same sized orders as FSB. I simply export the MaxMillion Strategies from the Online Repository to MT4 and run them. They don't enter with the same position sizes. The positions sizes in MT4 are WAY higher.

I set the correct swaps etc. for the symbols in the FSB. I don't know what else to do. This is a very basic problem and I'd be staggered if this hasn't been resolved in another thread yet.

Also, weirdly enough, forward testing the MaxMillion strategies results in yet another position sizing than even the MT4 backtests. So weird. I'd appreciate any help!

Hannes

Re: Position sizes differ in MT4

There can be a few reasons for discrepancies... spread, bars, optimization.

Are you running the strategy on the same time period to see if it is working correctly on your data..?

Is your account leverage the same as on original?

Personally, I feel that using so many indicators is a recipe for disaster, you had better forward test for a year or so before trusting that strategy with real money.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Position sizes differ in MT4

Blaiserboy wrote:

There can be a few reasons for discrepancies... spread, bars, optimization.

Are you running the strategy on the same time period to see if it is working correctly on your data..?

Is your account leverage the same as on original?

Personally, I feel that using so many indicators is a recipe for disaster, you had better forward test for a year or so before trusting that strategy with real money.

Thanks, your tip with leverages helped. My broker offers a different leverage on each forex pair. This explains everything.