Topic: Something Wrong with BOT?

I noticed that none of my previous week's generated EAs depict any backtest results, none at all, when I upload them onto BOT.

As a results I tried replicate an EA by adding the same indicators with the same conditions into the editor to see what's happening, and although I can see backtest results, those are in no way close to what I used to get with the EA I generated a week ago. In fact I get  a 12.50% win/loss in an EA I got over 75% last week.

Are any updates taking currently place?

The results are the same regardless the source of data used, ie Metatrader, Metaquotes etc

Post's attachments

Issue with BOT.gif 93.78 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Something Wrong with BOT?

I updated BO Tester three days ago.

The update reflects on the  Bollinger Bands and Envelope indicator.

The logical rules: "The bar opens below the upper band" and "The bar opens above lower band" were removed because result to ambiguous bars when the bar opens between the two bands.

The explanation is very simple:  "The bar opens below the upper band" means that the app rises long signals when the bar opens below the upper band and rises short signals when the bar opens above the lower band.

When the bar opens between the two bands, both long and short conditions are satisfied. If the Bollinger Bands and Envelope are the only indicators, the app cannot take a clear decision for the trade direction. We call such bars "ambiguous".

The above rules rise long signals when the bar opens below the lower band because the short signal is no longer satisfied. However, it is not very clear when you look at the indicator chart why the program opens Up orders only when the bar opens below the lower band.

In order to prevent such misunderstanding cases, I decided to remove these logical conditions. (It was a mistake that they were available initially)

You can receive the same results when you use  "The bar opens below the lower band" and correspondingly "The bar opens above the upper band". 

So, to fix your strategy, click on the Bollinger Band and set "The bar opens below the lower band" logical rule.

Okay, great. Thanks for the update.

I was working with BOT and suddenly the site went down. Tried few things from my side, no change. So, I though I ask here. I receive a 502 getaway error. Is the server overloaded?

Post's attachments

502 error.png 25.11 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Stav wrote:

I was working with BOT and suddenly the site went down. Tried few things from my side, no change. So, I though I ask here. I receive a 502 getaway error. Is the server overloaded?

I have the same problem..

Thank you for the report. The application is online now.

I'll take measures to prevent future malfunctions.

Trade Safe!

It appeared that the hosting company experiences problems. We hope they will fix everything soon.

Reboots to pick up updates
Posted in Uncategorized October 27, 2016 by webfaction Over  the next few hours we are going to reboot all of our CentOS servers to pick up important updates.
-
-
[Monitoring] Web341 inaccessible
Posted in Downtime October 27, 2016 by webfaction
2016-10-27 10:15 UTC: The server is currently not responding. We are investigating the issue and will update this post as soon as we have more information.

2016-10-27 10:40 UTC: The issue has been resolved and the server is fully operational again.

Thank you Popov