forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → Problem with Open and Close Price on Renko Chart (EA)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Problem with Open and Close Price on Renko Chart (EA)

I apologize ahead of time if this is posted somewhere. I've been digging for hours on end and haven't found an explanation.

*I understand I'm running an EA on top of another EA and some values will not line up. I want to double check to make sure the problem isn't something small that I am doing*

So, I am running MathTrader7_Renko EA to create a Renko chart in MT4. Then on top of that, I am trying to run a simple EA from Forex Strategy Builder Pro.

Open:

Bar Opening
Candle Color (Bullish Candle Formed, 3 consecutive)

Close:

Bar Closing
Candle Color (Bearish Candle Formed)

Everything about that seems to work fine, except the Bar Opening Price is different from the actual bar price.That seems to be the only thing holding the EA back from executing.

It works with a regular "online" chart but not for the Renko EA offline chart.

I guess my question is if there is an easy fix/run around for this or is something in the Renko EA messing with the value?

Thank you

Post's attachments

Renko MT4.gif 231.55 kb, 3 downloads since 2016-08-15 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Problem with Open and Close Price on Renko Chart (EA)

Hey,

All problems currently lie with your Renko EA. From my past experience I didn't have problems with open values. But there's another issue as well - if you look at reversal bars, then the bar openings are 10p below actual openings, and that is a problem as well, especially in backtesting. I'll look through my archives, maybe I'll find my Renko chart generators, which should be more suitable, but I'm not sure if I can locate them and if they work with current MT builds. I'll report back my findings, hopefully sooner than later.

I appreciate it! Some of my settings are off as I tried to generate a buy/sell signal.

Found them! smile

Renko EAs attached, try them out!

Credit for those Renko generators go to their respective authors. God bless them.

Post's attachments

RenkoLiveChart_v3.2.ex4 9.82 kb, 20 downloads since 2016-08-17 

StepChart3.2.ex4 14.28 kb, 17 downloads since 2016-08-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

So far so good! thank you for digging those up

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → Problem with Open and Close Price on Renko Chart (EA)