Topic: Generator algorithm improved

Hello Traders,

We have a more advanced Generator algorithm now. It finds strategies more effectively and the charts are more tidy smile

See how simple is that

http://s32.postimg.org/88ybekpb9/screenshot_1943.png

Re: Generator algorithm improved

What is the correct way to use this studio? I thought about using it to generate strategies and copy the best 1-1 to FSBPro and test them into monte carlo

You are right completely right. This is the way we do it.

I'm working on adding Monte Carlo in EA Studio and BO Tester in order to make the process flawless.

How much time take expected to apply Monte Carlo to EA Studio Popov? It is a short term or long term? Copying strategies from EA Studio to FSB for Monte Carlo check is the most time consuming part of the work for users now.

I'm starting the work on Monte Carlo tomorrow. I hope it can be tested on Sunday and completed within 10 days.

What is the exactly Working minutes value in generator settings? It is by default 30. So if we make the total time generator makes more trials and find more strategies? or it doesnt make difference? if 5 minutes i set also finding a lot. But i am not sure exactly what changes in generator by increasing/deceasing this duration value. Can you explain it please Popov?

What is the exactly Working minutes value in generator settings?

It is nothing special.

If you leave it running it will stop alone after the count of minutes you have set.
The default value is 3 minutes. It doesn't reflect on the Generator algorithm.

However it is not the only way to stop the Generator. Unfortunately there are some undocumented cases when the JavaScript execution is suspended. I noticed that the Generator is suspended when you minimize the browser. It is done ether by the Windows or by the Browser. I'm not sure. It is ridiculous the OS to decide for you to suspend your programs. What if it was a trading program on a real account?

so if i set it 3 minutes and 30 minutes in both case all same strategies will be found by generator? There is no relation with duration and number of strategies found?

Popov wrote:

What is the exactly Working minutes value in generator settings?

It is nothing special.

If you leave it running it will stop alone after the count of minutes you have set.
The default value is 3 minutes. It doesn't reflect on the Generator algorithm.

However it is not the only way to stop the Generator. Unfortunately there are some undocumented cases when the JavaScript execution is suspended. I noticed that the Generator is suspended when you minimize the browser. It is done ether by the Windows or by the Browser. I'm not sure. It is ridiculous the OS to decide for you to suspend your programs. What if it was a trading program on a real account?

There was a "feature" added to chrome around last year which caused that suspend (guessing it was for battery but not sure.)  Most bitcoin trading is done via web interfaces and rely on web based charts for price alerts, when that rolled out it caused all sorts of chaos as alerts just stopped happening.  At the time, if you went to the beta chrome upgrade channel the suspend wasn't happening in that branch, not sure if that's still the case or not but you might try that.  Ideally they'd at least make it a switch so you could control if your browser quit or not as that pretty much kills any live/realtime updating app.

Interesting info. Thank you.