Topic: Different parameters in MA

Hello

I have some strange issue. On the attached strategy i set Moving Average at 200. But when i go to the optimizer it shows 400. Also when i export it as an EA, it stays in the inputs as 400.

Even at that moment the EA is profitable, but i am not sure if it uses 200 or 400.

I attach the strategy and few pictures.

Hope someone can help me, how to solve that difference.

Post's attachments

SB&PP 20011.xml 14.36 kb, 5 downloads since 2016-06-30 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Different parameters in MA

here is how the parameter is in the Editor

Post's attachments

MA 1.PNG 55.71 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

here is in the optimizer

Post's attachments

MA2.PNG 97.17 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

here are the inputs for the EA with the same strategy

Post's attachments

MA3.PNG
MA3.PNG 11.86 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Hmm. It is very strange.

The actual period is 400.

http://s32.postimg.org/bq92d87ut/screenshot_1880.png

It should not be possible to set 400 because the MA period is limited between 1 and 200.

How did you get this strategy?

Do you use a modified indicators?

Hello

as i wrote before i was having problem with exporting EA with the Moving Average. At that time i changed the max parameter so i can use bigger inputs. But i didnt find solutions, so i put it back to 200. May be there is something saved in the software that it can be more, but it is strange that i set it to 200 and it is actually 400.

the strategy came from the generator, with defoult inputs, then i added trend following indciators, on the same M1 chart = bigger parameters

It is possible this strategy to have been saved with the modified indicator. When you open now, the Editor see that the MA max is 200 and shows 200. However it doesn't modify your strategy alone. This is made on purpose to be able to load strategies with any parameters.

FSB Pro doesn't store parameters. All numbers are stored in the strategy files. The initial values and the limits comes from the indicators files.

Hello

Yes when  i open it now, it says that the max is 200, but it still exports it with 400. Anyway when i change it to 199 it is ok. May be something wrong when the max value is entered.

Thank you