Topic: FST closing automatically Long Positions without Exit Signals

I had initially posted this post in the wrong section, sorry about that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Popov,

How can we explain that these 2 long positions have been automatically closed in a loss without any triggering exit signal nor a stoploss to be hit ?

Thanks.

Alain
http://s4.postimage.org/19SRp9.jpg

Re: FST closing automatically Long Positions without Exit Signals

I think that the Trailing Stop was triggered. The price rise after the entry was moved the Trailing Stop upwards. Metarader doesn't show the  SL /TP modifications. Check in the "Expert" tab. Probably you'll see the modification there.  The modifications must be shown in the FST journal also.

I have several notes:
- Your strategy uses adding but FST manages this ineffectively because the absence of adding capability in MT. It's better to wait for the Nick's mod to be finished.
- 29 pips stop is too small for a 5 digits quotation. Probably you have to use 290 pips.
- you can update your FST     ("New Beta" label in the upper right corner)

Popov,

Actually, the "experts" tab shows the following (see here-attached pict).

I guess it's an escalation of several problems :
   1- the "adding" issue Nick is currently working on
   2- a lack of balance onto my account ("not enough money")
   3- another error I am not familiar with ("uninit reason 5" on "bands" ...)

But anyway, I shall definitely wait until the "adding" has been fixed before testing again FST with profitable FSB strats.
---
To answer your point #2, I confirm that I had a 290 pips stoploss and a 400pips takeprofit (the screen I showed you was the FSB 4-digit overview, not the FST's)

Thanks again for your kind and comprehensive cooperation.

Alain

http://s2.postimage.org/9qA70.jpg

"REASON_PARAMETERS    5    Inputs parameters was changed by user."

You don't need setting any indicators in MT.

Got you 100%, Popov ....

Anyway we don't really need them in MT4 since they are all showing properly in FST.

Moreover, the "standard" indicators  in MT4 are quite limited and do not reflect EXACTLY the various parameters used in FSB/FST indics after optimization ...

For example, I could not find any BB (Simple, Close, 20, 2) in MT4 ... I guess the standard BB or bands indicators in MT4 are "exponential" ... and that definitely makes a few pips discrepancies.

So, let me spread the word to all FST users :
"FORGET ABOUT MT4 INDICS WHEN PLUGGED TO FST : USE FST ONES !!!!!"

Alain