Topic: Amazing AE Fails to build and run !!!

Building search for all the candles in the repo,
Then add FRAMA from the REPO

Click open stratergy, it opens, all is good, now problem # 1 export this stratergy to metatrader and try compile, error etc, reinstalled Forex Stratergy builder, error gone. after export, It comes and goes,

next

open backtesting both with a chart and without error with a chart
2016.05.16 23:54:29.187    TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 361 at 2016.04.18 15:00 exceeded)

error without a chart

2016.05.16 23:52:53.722    2016.01.21 13:00  A_V00013_EURJPY_H1 EURJPY,H1:
Cannot load enough bars! The expert needs minimum 300 bars.
Please check the "Use date" option and set the "From:" and "To:" dates properly.

On paper this is a very good EA, I am dying to test it, but cannot !!! how can I get this running ? MQL4

Post's attachments

A_V00013_EURJPY_H1.xml 14.5 kb, 6 downloads since 2016-05-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Amazing AE Fails to build and run !!!

Joke is I loaded it on another computer and it looks like the worst EA ever!!!!!
I would love to backtest this baby !!!

I in option added 1 more 0 to 100000000  Max Bars, now it looks like it works.

a0011010011 wrote:

I am dying to test it, but cannot !!! how can I get this running ? MQL4

What's wrong with FSB's backtest?

Don't bother FSB said "major find", Metatrader said "Major Fail"

2016.05.16 23:52:53.722    2016.01.21 13:00  A_V00013_EURJPY_H1 EURJPY,H1:
Cannot load enough bars! The expert needs minimum 300 bars.
Please check the "Use date" option and set the "From:" and "To:" dates properly.

When you run MT tester, it loads exactly 100 bars. There is no way to set it loading more. It looks like that your expert need minimum 300 bars. The bars needed are calculated from the periods and shifts of the indicators.
Example: Moving Average with period = 200 and Shift = 100 will require 200 + 100 = 300 bars.

Solution:

Set starting time in the MT Tester to a date that will ensure 300 bars like that:

http://s32.postimg.org/9pa4z5pe9/screenshot_1613.jpg

Metatrader said "Major Fail"

Our experts are clever enough to warn you that there is no enough bars and refuses to run. In the other case, the results would be absolutely wrong.

Fortunately, the EA printed the exact reason for the failure.

EDIT

For the attached strategy, Envelop requires 299 bars and FRAMA requires 198.
The max is 299 bars. The EA requires 1 bar more in order to be able to calculate the signal and asks for 300.

You can see that in the FSB screen:
We have 20 000 bars loaded, but the program says that 19 701 bars are tested. It means that the strategy requires 299 bars.

http://s32.postimg.org/jnv3lmytt/screenshot_1614.jpg

You can see that also in the exported strategy:

http://s32.postimg.org/ltpeg52a9/screenshot_1615.jpg

if you back test this strategy, you will see that it is a major fail, that is what I meant.It does not even come close to what FSB predicted, I did get it working, but the AE is bad, Thank you anyway.

Hello Popov,

Also in trouble for testing my first ever EA!!

On FXSB no problem (apparently). Troubles arise when try to run it on MT4, nothing happens.

I hope some pictures I sent by email (it seems there is Qty limitation here) attached would help for troubleshooting. If not, please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you so much,

a0011010011 wrote:

It does not even come close to what FSB predicted

FSB doesn't predict anything, user does.

10 (edited by yonkuro 2016-05-18 01:48:17)

a0011010011 wrote:

if you back test this strategy, you will see that it is a major fail, that is what I meant.It does not even come close to what FSB predicted, I did get it working, but the AE is bad, Thank you anyway.

Please make sure you use the same Historical Data as FSB Pro, FSB Pro default data is Dukascopy tick data, so if you use FSB default data, you should import the data from Dukascopy to your MT4.

Another way is by exporting your MT4 Data to FSB Pro.

CMIIW.

do or do not there is no try