forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → Trouble with Index Data

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Trouble with Index Data

Hi there

I have no problem saving currency data off an MT4 broker chart to a data directory in FSB and setting it up to work fine.

But I am having trouble with the same method on Index Data and can't identify what I'm doing wrong.
I have set up the symbol as type 'Index' and use the broker's instrument 'Specifications' for all settings.
I tried writing 'Base Price' as USD or as ZAR (as specified by the broker).

I've attached screenshots of my settings as well as a sample data .csv file.

Any input to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Post's attachments

160413 FSB Index Data Query.JPG 221.7 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by vidagig_13 2016-04-13 16:24:34)

Re: Trouble with Index Data

...and here's the .csv file of the (5 minute) Index Data saved from the broker's chart (it seems I can only post 1 file at a time)

Post's attachments

JSE-JUN165.csv 270.86 kb, 3 downloads since 2016-04-13 

These data will not work because they have a wrong timing.

The data file is for M5 data and the bars must start at: 10:00, 10:05, 10:10.... for example
However, your data are shifted with 1 minute ahead. They started at: 10:01, 10:06, 10:11...

http://s21.postimg.org/7gtwdneo7/screenshot_1519.png

FSB Pro has data checking algorithm and prevents loading of wrong data. This is on purpose to guarantee the correct work on indicators that use the bar opening time.

You can try correcting that in the app you use for data export.
It is also possible to use "find and replace" in the text file, but this is a tricky case and may fail.

If you find a way to fix the times, you may also remove all these misleading zeroes in order to reduce the file size. Yuo can also set the digits to 0 if you want. (However 2 is better if you are going to export an EA later, because I see your MT uses 2)

Hi Popov

Thank you for your helpful reply.

This broker uses this odd timing for its JSE Index - is there some way to get FSB to accept it - e.g. override a setting?
This is not an easy instrument to find. And it doesn't sound like the data is easily fixable but I may try if no other option.

Thanks again.

You can use a script for exporting the data file with a correct timing. It would be not too hard to write such script.
Unfortunately, you may have problems later when you start trading. Our expert advisors heavily rely on the bar time and can produce misleading signals. It's better to ask the broker if they can propose a solution.

Ok thank you, I understand the requirements better now.

7 (edited by vidagig_13 2016-04-21 14:41:31)

Hi Popov

A friend corrected this 5 minute data as a test. I can't see anything wrong with it but it still fails to load/work in FSB.

It appears to conform to the requirements you described:

"The data file is for M5 data and the bars must start at: 10:00, 10:05, 10:10.... for example"

...and...

"If you find a way to fix the times, you may also remove all these misleading zeroes in order to reduce the file size. Yuo can also set the digits to 0 if you want. (However 2 is better if you are going to export an EA later, because I see your MT uses 2)"

When convenient for you, please can you take a look and tell me if you see any errors?
- If it looks OK, then perhaps you can advise what FSB settings (in the screenshots in my original post) may be incorrect?

Much appreciated.

Post's attachments

JSE5.csv 170.02 kb, 2 downloads since 2016-04-21 

FSB loads the attached file without problems and no further conversion needed. You have to add a JSE symbol as Index. Set a proper lot size also.

http://s31.postimg.org/d4fzywro7/screenshot_1551.jpg

http://s31.postimg.org/wnkl89qfr/screenshot_1552.jpg

http://s31.postimg.org/4oqfheot3/screenshot_1553.jpg

Great news. Thank you again.

Hi Popov

It does work now with 5 minute and daily data - using correct Symbol Settings - thank you.

But, for some reason it doesn't work with the attached Hourly data with the times corrected to be e.g. 09:00:00 AM

Please can you help me to identify the problem?

Much appreciated.

Post's attachments

JSE60.csv 57.89 kb, 1 downloads since 2016-04-25 

There is no problems with this file. It works.

http://s31.postimg.org/utw4wwdnb/screenshot_1561.jpg

12 (edited by vidagig_13 2016-04-25 15:44:23)

Restarted FSB and yes, it works. Thank you
(I do reload data files after making changes)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → Trouble with Index Data