forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Spread Level Pro indicator

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Spread Level Pro indicator

this indicator can't be applied at all on my Oanda Demo account.  When applied to FXCM account the spread level is always significantly above the default spread level in points of 20. Does anyone else have such problems.  should the default level be 20 pips [200 points]???

Re: Spread Level Pro indicator

Elaborate please, I don't understand the problem clearly yet, maybe you show some screenshots as well?

3 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-03-29 20:21:25)

When I include the Spread Level Pro in an Oanda MTR EA, it won't even load.  When loaded into a FXCM MTR EA it not only loads but displays when attached to a Chart.  However that EA display on the Chart typically 'reads' above 25 and although it changes frequently the yes-no indicator always reads "No".  Haven't tried it yet with Spread Level set to 100.  It might work then.
PS.  The EA works fine on Oanda & FXCM charts after I've removed the SpreadLevel indicator.

PS squared.  Changed Spread level to 100 and the EA works fine.  All four on-chart 'readings' buy/sell are "Yes" are allowed.  Now question is If the Profile Spread is 10.000 points should that be 10.000 pips or should the Spread Level default be 20 pips = 200 points???

Can you upload the strategy?

5 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-03-29 21:05:37)

I don't know how!

The upshot is that the Indicator doesn't work at all on Oanda Dem and is useless for FXCM demo EA because the Spread Level is always greater than the "default settin"

6 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-03-29 21:41:44)

I can understand how the 'Spread' could be that high on a Live account, but don't see why/how it would be that high on a Demo Acct.  I note that the maximum 'level' on the indicator is 500.

I don't see anything suspicious with that indicator.

http://s14.postimg.org/5uspqm2vh/screenshot_1481.jpg

8 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-03-30 13:54:28)

The default Profile Spread setting is 20.  in Popov Demo videos it is frequently reduced to 10.  the FXCM Demo on-chart "Spread Level Pro 'Spread" display reads never less than 25.  When I set the Spread Level 100., then all the 'is entry allowed' displays read "Yes".  Conversely, when I set Spread Level 20 [the 'Default setting] all the 'is entry allowed' displays read "No".  Oh, I just saw a "spread" on-chart 24.00000 readings.  So, FXCM Demo never reads less than 24.
So looks like a workable 'spread' setting for the Spread Level indicator for FXCM Demo would be 28-30.

FXCM increased the spreads after the CHF black Thursday on January 15th 2015.
I started with them in 2001st but now they are not competitive to other brokers with spread of 1 - 3 points for EURUSD.

OMG that explains FXCM increase.  But an order of magnitude increase in Spread?  How about Oanda?  I realize they have a different MT4 setup.  But how do I get SpreadLevel Indicator to work with Oanda MT4 Demo.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Spread Level Pro indicator