Topic: MT4 IamFX is not responding

Hello Popov,
FSB and FST are great applications ... you did amazing work  !!!
I am having though a problem with FST that is correctly connected to FST but that keeps denying orders issued by FST.
The FST journal keeps quoting the following sentence everytime FST is attempting to place an order :
"Operation execution : Metatrader 4 by IamFx is not responding !"
The here-attached pic shows you that both MT4 and FST are correctly connected but it looks like IamFX is rejecting FST orders.
What is the problem ?
Alain
PunBB bbcode test

Re: MT4 IamFX is not responding

http://s4.postimage.org/Gl_J9.jpg

First check execution orders directly from MT. If it's OK from there, try sending orders manually. Try different lot size, with / without SL and TP. Try also adding, reducing reversing.

We'll see where the problem is.

Popov,
That was a lot-size-setting problem ... my FSB/FST strat was set for 20-lot positions !!!
It works fine now.
Thanks.
Alain
http://s2.postimage.org/1xU45i.jpg

Hello Miroslav.

First I would like to thank this wonderful program.

Second, similar to the problem as the speaker before me.
My strategy to end 'bar closing'. But this does not happen often. I FST on 'Journal' next read: ’Operation execution: Meta Trader - Alpari UK is not responding! ’
Then, the next 'bar' end trying to close again. Either success or not.
I tried to set 'Trade setting' 'Bar Closing Time Advance in seconds' from three to one.
The situation is unchanged, or fails to close or not.
I am puzzled, what could be wrong?

There is another type of problem.
Only 'EUR / USD' can be connected to the 'FST'. Other currency pairs (USD / CHF, GBP / USD, USD / JPY) are not. Why?

And finally:
Strategies on 'Alpari' than required level of SL or -4000. Because there point 0,00001. But, I just set up ’FSB’ –2000. This is to me a few times.

Thanks in advance.

I tried to set 'Trade setting' 'Bar Closing Time Advance in seconds' from three to one.
The situation is unchanged, or fails to close or not.

Try to increase Time advance from 3 to 5-6 seconds.
MetaTrader doesn't provide a "Bar Close" event, so FST sends close order 3 seconds before the theoretical bar closing time. But what to do when the broker doesn't respond for 5, 10 or 20 seconds?
This is a problem of the broker. We cannot force the broker response. We send our order on time and we hope it to be executed. This is not a problem of FST or its expert. It will be exactly the same if you trade with a MT expert or manually from MT. You can ask the broker why they do not execute an properly send order in 2-3 seconds.

Only 'EUR / USD' can be connected to the 'FST'. Other currency pairs (USD / CHF, GBP / USD, USD / JPY) are not. Why?

FST works connected to only one chart at a time. If you want trading with another chart, you have to either stop the expert from the first chart or to allow multiple FST instances and to start the experts with unique ID numbers.

Strategies on 'Alpari' than required level of SL or -4000. Because there point 0,00001. But, I just set up ’FSB’ –2000. This is to me a few times.

You are right, the current limits are 2000 pips for SL. We will increase them to 5000 pips in some of the next releases.

Hi!

I tested the Fastbrokers platform. But the strategy 'Bar Closing' is often 'Not responding' too.
I understand this is not the fault FST.
But FST is without supervision, it is risky enough.
Since the 'Bar Closing' at the end of the bar once an instruction, it may be limited.
I think the solution might be, if it gives signal, while it is completely. For example 3 seconds.

"Not responding" means that FST doesn't receive confirmation in 10 seconds. After that time FST stops waiting for response. When the order is executed, FST receives the info and adopts the strategy.  "Not responding" is only warning. It will be exactly the same if you send the order manually or by regular expert. The only difference is that FST show you that. If I remove the warning message, it will work "as reliable as MT himself" smile. We cannot do anything when the broker is not responding.

This is quite disappointing!
There is not other way, such as 'Bar Closing' is at the end of the day.
Then I knock-out position manually in the evening, if I know. smile

The problem is not connected with "Bar Closing". It concerns the speed the broker responds to the orders. A delay may happen at every time, for opening and for closing a position.

'Not responding' warning message doesn't mean the order is not executed. It means that the order was send but no answer was received from the broker in 10 seconds. Most probably the order will be executed properly. If the order returns an error, the expert will repeat it several times.

It's okay. I have seen the problem in the opening and closing position. And I saw that the expert has repeated several times. However, other closing strategy!
But! The 'Bar Closing', only one is possible in most cases. Because only a few seconds to close the position. When the 'next bar' will appear in the expert can not send more signals. Because the event is no longer the expert can not send more.
It would be good, the expert send signal the 'next bar', as long as it is completely. Or at least try a few times.

12 (edited by maniclo 2010-07-01 23:54:16)

i tried a strategy with -Fst- on a demo acount.There is only one closing point of the position : day closing.I also selected "add" for same direction signal ,a 100 pips permanant take profit and 100 pips permanent stop loss inside the strategy property box.
Fst made 98 trades from 15h00 to 22h30 gmt+5 and never touched any stop loss or take profit(take profit and stop loss was on the chart.Am i the first with this bug ?

trade was on eurusd one minute chart.

sorry , i right Fst made 98 trade but it's Fst open and close 98 trade

i found the bug , see the next post.

i tried 2 diferent strategy on 2 different metatrader but on the same acount.The first strategy is suppose to be stoped with a 75 pips trailing stop.work good if i use it alone.Positive transaction , i am happy.The bug is when the second strategy (based on a reverse for opposit direction signal) open a transaction on the oposit side of the first strategy ,  it closed the first strategy.Just want to know if you have an another way to use more than one strategy with fst on the same acount because for now ,the only way i think more than one strategy at the same time work  is to use a different account for each strategy.and opening one real acount per strategy is a lot trouble.

footon wrote:

does your broker allow hedging? if not, then there's your problem.

footon, right, looks like you are on NFA regulated broker, try different lot size, and you will see if one subtracts another, or better try manually open one and then another opposite direction.

i am back , i was in vacation , my broker allow hedging , the programs are running perfect in separate  account and wil choose this way for real trading , Thank you for your help.

I have the same problem that Alevi had,  so I enabled the expert log and there was a message:

"08:47:26 MetaTrader build 432 started (SafeCap Investments LTD)
08:49:43 Experts are disabled because the account has been changed"

Well I tried first to run the EA on my demo account, but I was disappointed wen I discovered that my demo account was canceled, so  I returned to my real account and couldn't put the FST EA to work,

hope you can help me with this!

I'll have to wait till Sunday to test some theories about these predicament..

Thanks!

Julh