forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → to add hours to trade in the stratégy properties

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: to add hours to trade in the stratégy properties

Hello

Is it possible to add the hours of trading in the stratégy properties please ?

If yes, how can I make it please ?

Best regards

Re: to add hours to trade in the stratégy properties

Robinswood75,

If I understand your question correctly, you want to limit trading to specific hours (time span) – for example between 15.00 and 21.00 server time. I have not been using this indicator before, but you could probably use Entry Time Indicator. In the description of this indicator you will find following wording: “Enter the market between the specified hours”. Probably it is what you are looking for.

Leon

Hello LeonHerd

Thanks for your reply

I already used the " previous bar closing" for the "opening point of position"

I don't know how can I add this indicator ( entry hour ) in the same time that the "previous bar closing"

I have to choose just one

Could you help me please ?

Best regards

Hi Robinswood,

Attached is just a sample of what you are asking for.  This EA is not "workable", it is just to illustrate your case.

Download, save and open this file in your FSB strategies folder.

I hope this is what you requested.

Post's attachments

Example.xml 13.65 kb, 8 downloads since 2016-03-22 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hello

I download it , save it in my computer and I put " files / open exemple with the FSB" but I didn't see it

Where is it ? lol

It doesn't load because it wants ALF indicator. It is available through the Indicator repository.

now it is very very difficult to understand all lol

what is the ALF indicator ? what is the indicator repository ?

I am totaly lost :-(

How can i make it step by step please ?

1. Open a new strategy,
2. Click on "Add an Opening Logic condition" button. You will see the indicators options panel on the left.
3. Find the Entry Time indicator.
4. Set the trading interval you want. I set from 8 to 16 in the example below.
5. Add additional entry slots because the Entry Hour indicator doesn't determine a trade direction.

(I also do not know what is the ALF indicator and have no idea why Hannah used it in the example.)

http://s9.postimg.org/h9yu5ysuj/screenshot_1467.jpg

but it is impossible to add " previous bar closing " and " entry time indicator " in the same time please ?

Just and Previous Bar Closing as a new rule. FSB will open position only if ALL rules are satisfied. See the Strategy Overview page for more details.

http://s9.postimg.org/mpc5ko9sb/screenshot_1471.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/ov6gf6d8r/screenshot_1472.jpg

I tried the same and did it just for exercise:
1. Go to Repository in the View menue
2. Go to Indicators (on the left side)
3. Put "ALF" in the search field and enter
4. ALF -- Advanced Laguerre Filter" will appear
5. Push "Load" (on the right side)
6. Put "exit time" in the search field and enter
7. "Exit Time" will appear
8. Push "Load" (on the right side)
9. Now it should work to load the "Example" as it is

Looks like this

Post's attachments

e2.jpg 120.15 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

??? Why do we have ALF rises as open condition and as a closing condition?

Hannah, can you elaborate?

hannahis wrote:

Hi Robinswood,

Attached is just a sample of what you are asking for.  This EA is not "workable", it is just to illustrate your case.

Popov,

The attached example is just to illustrate how to have both the "previous bar" and "entry time" as part of opening conditions instead of having the "either or, neither nor" mentality as an option.

Hence, I mentioned that this EA is NOT "workable" in terms of 1) it is not profitable, 2) it doesn't have any sound trading concepts.  Thus you are puzzled with the illogical closing.  It is meant as an example to address the "opening conditions" queries,  not to provide a free logical profitable EA in the process.

I deliberately use an obviously "illogical" EA as an example/illustration, so that people would be able to see and won't "waste" their time testing out this EA thinking that it may be a profitable one.

Hi Robinswood,

When setting the opening and closing conditions, is like programming a robot (EA), your instructions (opening and closing) has to be specific (if you want to entry with high accuracy, i.e. you have a specific conditions that need to be met (that means you need to learn to develop your own trading theory or plan why you think this trading theory will work), then you are confident that your entry has high chances of predictive power or success).  However, if you use "vague" instructions, (very broad conditions whereby most of the time it is true, eg. Entry when bar open, this happens all the time at every interval regardless of the market conditions, buy or sell), your EA will have multiple entries/exit and hence lower EA performance/profit. (This shows that we don't have any idea how to trade, how to predict a trend or identify one, hence go back to your MT4 charts and observe and come up with a "battle" plan, no battle plan/strategies, no victories).

Hence, for your case of using "previous bar closing" is a very "vague" instruction.

And then you can add in "Entry time" to limit only those "previous bar closing" between the time you specify.  Still these 2 opening logic combined, is still very "vague" because whichever trend (buy/sell) will happen within these time duration, your EA will just "obey" you whenever the 2 conditions are met.

When you set your opening/closing conditions, it is like you are drawing a "boundary" and "action plan".  Some conditions set the boundary (e.g. previous bar, entry time, rising, price above line...) and there are some conditions act as "activator", such as during these set boundary (as mentioned above), if the price MA 15 cross MA 20, then when all the conditions (both boundary and activator) are met, enter a buy position.  Conditions that don't happened all the time (eg. crossing because it only happened at certain junctions, at a very specific time and at much lesser frequencies).  Whereas "boundary" conditions happened at higher frequencies and much of the time such as rising, higher than etc).   

There are times you need more than 1 activators, there are times you only need 1 activator.

The whole purpose of putting/laying down your conditions clearly is to prevent your EA from entering into the market when you think the conditions are "unfavourable" and hence, you set a "reasonable" boundary for your EA to act within those conditions as you deemed as "favouable".  So you are putting down all those "favourable" conditions as your opening logic.

Hello

Thank you very very much for your advice and informations !!!!!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → to add hours to trade in the stratégy properties