Topic: Entry every x minutes

Is it possible to start a strategie at a certain time and then every defined intervall?
For example to start (Entry Time) at 09:00 and then again every 60 minutes would allow to start a trade only every full hour (or any other intervall could be useful).

Re: Entry every x minutes

It can be done with a custom indicator. I'll make one on Monday when markets open I and can test it.

Actually I made it already.

http://s7.postimg.org/pe9emi5rr/screenshot_1433.jpg

http://s7.postimg.org/e0mvbav93/screenshot_1432.jpg

It opens at Round Hour between specified hours. This indicator doesn't determine the trade direction.

Please test it. If you find it working well, I'll made a MQL version.

Thank you very much, Miroslav.
That is really great service, I did not see that anywhere else.
Happy to be here, have a nice weekend

As far as I can see in my tests it works well, but because the export to MT4 is not working yet, I could not crosscheck with MT4-strategietester-results.
If I had a wish open, I would appreciate if the intervall was not fixed to 1 hour but could be adjusted e.g.in minutes, 10 minutes or 30 minutes intervalls.

Is it possible to get a version with adjustable intervall?

I'll make it.

Thank you

bru1 wrote:

Thank you very much, Miroslav.
That is really great service, I did not see that anywhere else.
Happy to be here, have a nice weekend

so am i - happy to be here

Please test this version:

http://s8.postimg.org/xz8to0whd/screenshot_1436.jpg

I cannot create the MT4 file(see attachment)
Indicator file for mt4 missing?

Post's attachments

tg1.jpg
tg1.jpg 9.12 kb, 2 downloads since 2016-03-13 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I am afraid you have to write it by yourself or ask Footon
But I am not sure. Life is strange you know!

The time grid works well in FSB, and at the moment I am using it with FSB-Trader.
To use/compile it in MT4 I think there is a *.mqh file necessary and I think Miroslav or one of his partners will make that if he knows it works well and thinks it is useful.
Sorry, but I do not have the knowledge to make this.

Can I please get information when it will be possible to make MT4 file for an EA using "Time Grid"?

I'll make it tomorrow.

Thank you, that's great

17 (edited by Popov 2016-04-26 22:27:02)

Hello,

Please find attached both CS and MQL versions of the Time Grid indicator.

Please test it carefully on a demo and report any problems. If you find it working well, I'll upload it in the repository.

http://s9.postimg.org/hudv8nm2z/screenshot_1463.jpg

Edit: Indicator uploaded in the Repository.

Thank you, I will test it.
I was testing time grid since 16.3. in the meantime using the bridge, one with "long only" (1,1 Lot) and one with "short only" (0,9 Lot). It worked quite well over a few days, but two times the "long-strategie" made a short trade. I think it copied the trade from a parallel running short-strategie because the size was 0,9 Lot, see attached picture.
As I have the EA now, I do not need further investigation of this point, but I thought it might be interesting for your information, or if you would see similar problems with two parallel running FSB-MT4 Bridges.

Here the picture

Post's attachments

s1.jpg 58.69 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi Popov,

For the Time Grid indicator...

1) Bars open at the selected interval...does this affects only the adding features but not the 1st trade?

For example, I'm using 1min Time Frame EA, I want my EA to enter into the market any minute (since I'm using 1 min time frame), whenever the market is ready (ie. conditions are met).  By using the Time Grid, does it restrict my EA from opening any minute, or it only opens at very hourly interval (If I choose Bar opens at around 60min, does it then follows the broker's "clock"?).

2) I want/wish to have a Time Grid indicator that only affects the adding position interval.

Since I use 1 min Time Frame EA and I often use Additional Signal features to add lots (Winner Option), my EA ends up adding 1 lot every 1min (which is too much, as I want to spread my risk).  But I don't want my EA 1st entry/position be affected by the Time factor, i.e. follows the Broker's clock at every hour opening, if I choose around 60min option (then it defeats the purpose of using 1min time frame).

Popov, Can you add this "time grid" feature, next to the Additional Signal function?  So that when I choose to add winner lots, I can also choose the minimum interval to add accordingly.

Secondly, with regard to the additional signal function, does it add ONLY based on REPEATED opening conditions? Or does it add (eg winner mode), irregardless of the opening conditions being met, as long as the aggregate is positive?

For example:
Add only (be it winner or adding mode) ONLY if the next opening signal conditions are met, (I assume that was what it meant with the description "Next Same Additional Signal".

eg If one of my opening conditions has, MA 14 rising and if the market is ranging and MA 14 isn't rising (but falling instead), the EA shouldn't add any more additional position (even in Winner's mode, when all the aggregate positions are in positive).  This is because I don't want to be adding more lots during price reversal/consolidation/ranging time, but add only when the trend is picking up once again in the same direction.

Lastly, can you make the current Time Grid indicator available for download in the Repository section?

Time Grid is an usual indicator as all other indicators in FSB. It gives or not a permission for entry.

Secondly, with regard to the additional signal function, does it add ONLY based on REPEATED opening conditions? Or does it add (eg winner mode), irregardless of the opening conditions being met, as long as the aggregate is positive?

An indicator calculates signals taking only the historical bars data as an input. You must use a combination of different indicators in order to precise the entry conditions. An indicator has no access to the account information, to the amount or count of the open positions.

Since no complains so far I uploaded the indicator in the repository.

Time Grid

Thank you, so far it works well