Topic: Simple Scalper

you can use this to start to build a strategy on any time frame.

RSI >55
Commpodity Channell Index 30 >o
Commodity Channel Index    150 crosses 0

Lock those and add whatever you want

This thing makes a ton of money if you build it properly

It will take some effort, unfortunately we have to work for our money.

Adjust those original parameters carefully or you will destroy the logic

It does not need any fancy stuff or complexities, do not use a gazillion indicator slots.

This is a simple scalper that will make money, keep it simple!

Have fun!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Simple Scalper

you bet i will! [have fun] at my age that is all i can do!

thanks i will definitely check it out....

3 (edited by pradeepgolfer 2016-02-20 16:20:53)

Blaiserboy wrote:

RSI >55
CCI 30 >o
CCI 150 crosses 0

It does not need any fancy stuff or complexities, do not use a gazillion indicator slots.

Have fun!

i cannot find CCI  i cant believe that either

the thing does not require more than 5 slots  do not be tempted or you will not be able to get past the tests....

I use 4 slots only..... (plus the close and open).

I hope the thing will work for you.

I get a couple trades a day, approx 90 percent win loss and I juice up the position size.

When doing the Multi Tester, there should be a lot of results with win loss  over 85  SQN well over 4 and profit factor well over 5. Do not settle for less!

Review the Multi Tester results with an eye to finding  some insights for another strategy.

Pen and pencil for making notes.

When working with this stuff.... throw out the garbage fast.. FSBPro will give new solutions.

Keeping inferior results is a waste of time.

Keep in mind that this is not the only way to develop a portfolio, this is just a simple way to make some good coin for Friday night.

Somewhere in this forum or the old forum is something that Popov made that did about 5000 trades in a morning... probably a far better strategy than this.

CCI. use commodity channel index

6 (edited by pradeepgolfer 2016-02-20 17:21:54)

Blaiserboy wrote:

CCI. use commodity channel index

ok i hope i get it: thanks again for your patience

yes i did get it silly of me not to look for the full form!

thanks for your help

i hope i can return your generosity some day

I did not reveal what to put in the open or close slots for a reason.

People can decide for themselves...... I suggest that they use the optimizer until they have 1000 results and then use the Multitester to show them what might work best.

This is an exercise to help people become familiar with aspects of FSBPro, this is not a holy grail.

Now take the results from Multitester and examine what they show....... win loss should be in excess of 80 and profit factor should be well up there.

Now we can start to get at the finer points of walk forward..... and multi and monte carlo.

Note that Monte Carlo has many switches, they need not all be used.

Ok so we now have about 15 approaches to this one simple scalping strategy......

The good news is. many oscillators can be used instead of the two that I chose. Start one way and then diversify.

No need for higher time frame. the longer oscillator serves that purpose.

Once you get some good looking stuff, then apply the order increase tools of FSBPro and you have what you need to make your bucks.

Have a lot of fun learning to push FSBPro to its limits.

8 (edited by GD 2016-02-20 18:49:43)

BB

I was thinking about an FSB possibility to run virtually EAs in real account and record account results as the trades to be real.
What do you think on that?

I am not too sure what you are saying......... please elaborate a little.

10 (edited by GD 2016-02-21 03:11:56)

Ok

We agreed that Demo Data and Real Data from a broker give different results for FSB and
Brokers use tricks to full EAs.

I was thinking a possibility to use EAs made by FSB only in real accounts straight BUT having one ON/OFF function

In the ON function trades to be real
in the OFF functrion trades to be visual and everything to be record like to be real in a special file
Also to have statistics made by this way produced file during and after these visual trades made.
I do not ask for perfection.
By that we can have a better estimation what will happen in real time.
I think by this way we can check Forward securely our EAs in real time and after that to change function of EA from OFF to ON.

The main change is insede every EA to exist a change in BUY/SELL orders which can make them to Visual but using Data from REAL data in Real Time.
and have it to work normally.

I wonder what you might think of a penny account..... real account..... small amount to start.

12 (edited by GD 2016-02-21 08:23:14)

BB

It could be a next step if first one is fine. AS GREAT POPOV says, TRADE SAFE!!!!

I found an indicator in mq4 which does that if it receives long/short signals from indicator (not EA)
The question is how to make fsb to use an indicator (ANY and/or including visual statistics from visual orders) for calculation against to make REAL orders on REAL Account.
It is possible of course but Mr. Popov has to find it interesting. it is very difficult to convince someone to do something which nobody else has done before. The risk is high and can bring other problems. But this is a human right.

By doing that, our conversation on DEMO accounts and FSB is meaningless
If it can create a pseudo journal file it can be also good idea.
We go one step further. Do you agreed?

I think your idea of simulation of trades over an Real Account is interesting. However, we cannot see the evil side of the broker before opening a real position. I suppose such simulation will pass just fine because we'll not experience any re-quotes, slippage, delays, partial fill, lost SL / TPs and other order failures.

14 (edited by GD 2016-02-21 09:39:15)

Maybe it is iterating but it is not Demo.
At least we can see in real time what happens, where the prices change in different speed than in demo.
Anyway you know better.
Afterall who needs an EA to behave like indicator.

I think this defeats the purpose of the thread....

I do not see a need for watching before trading.

I am prepared to take the risk with FSBPro methods.

GD, it is just the same as downloading live account data to your FSB and having the backtest result in an eye blink. We cannot estimate the execution speed with your method or other drawbacks. Only things which will affect the results between your method and straight FSB backtest can be technical - like there's a power outage, computer freezes, connection drops. One more point - do have valid conclusions one needs substantial evidence, how can demo trade provide it? Isn't a week or a couple on demo pointless?

When evaluating results in strategy development keep these words in mind

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

Ditch the poor results and get on to the future.

Hanging on to a failure, dwelling on it, rationalizing it, justifying it, will cause it to repeat until you learn to let go.

FSBPro ratios when doing forward testing have the unique and also devastating characteristic of letting us know that we must start again, without delay.

Multi Charts is even more mean spirited and blunt!

Those are designed to help us to maximize our time usage.

(my monitors have signs of melting from heated swearing  hahahahaha)

The generator has a time limit of 10,000

Although  it may seem weird, I have a laptop that I often let run until the 10,000 is reached when using the generator.

Because the random nature of the generator necessitates a long run to exhaust the possibilities.

I want the top 100  collection to have good stuff so I am willing to wait. No sense working with inferior results.

The worst and most frustrating thing is when the top 100 has garbage results after a long wait.  lolol

19 (edited by pradeepgolfer 2016-02-22 02:50:51)

Blaiserboy wrote:

When evaluating results in strategy development keep these words in mind

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

Ditch the poor results and get on to the future.

Hanging on to a failure, dwelling on it, rationalizing it, justifying it, will cause it to repeat until you learn to let go.

FSBPro ratios when doing forward testing have the unique and also devastating characteristic of letting us know that we must start again, without delay.

Multi Charts is even more mean spirited and blunt!

Those are designed to help us to maximize our time usage.

(my monitors have signs of melting from heated swearing  hahahahaha)

i hate reality and you seem to love getting me back to that nasty condition and you are lucky that this forum does not have a "off with his head" button.So for the time being you get to keep your head. which in this business is huge advantage
Research has shown that if 20 people agree on a selection-like in beauty contest or job selection,-the choice of those twenty people is very likely to be wrong.

this may have important implications for strategy hunting:so if you get a balance chart which is straight up monte carlo 90-100% profit ratio 2...... etc better to discard it
i have also realised that to save time you need a fast computer-i will be investing close to a 1000 usd on a cpu that will save a lot of time for me.i will be getting this on wednesday so i can give you an update then.

for sure a fast computer helps.

I am thinking of something that is quite fast also. Patience is in short supply here.

It used to be that FSB used memory like candy, however Popov spent a lot of time to get that under control.

You may want two or three monitors... so that you can expand FSBPro over two of them to allow you to have a good look at portfolio.

You can know that in another forum I gave to people express permission to swear at me or belittle me or slag me when they think my posts are upsetting. lol

BTW  golf has been suspended while we get a couple days of rain and snow.

One thing you can do is to check the lag time between your computer and broker as that can have a serious effect if you are going to use fast charts.

Blaiserboy wrote:

for sure a fast computer helps.

I am thinking of something that is quite fast also. Patience is in short supply here.

It used to be that FSB used memory like candy, however Popov spent a lot of time to get that under control.

You may want two or three monitors... so that you can expand FSBPro over two of them to allow you to have a good look at portfolio.

You can know that in another forum I gave to people express permission to swear at me or belittle me or slag me when they think my posts are upsetting. lol

BTW  golf has been suspended while we get a couple days of rain and snow.

One thing you can do is to check the lag time between your computer and broker as that can have a serious effect if you are going to use fast charts.

a fast one helps to save time.i looked up patience in the dictionary just now...i may try that sometime

i never swear at a golfer-i understood,correctly i hope,that you play golf:a golfer usually has a club in his hand and is itching to swing it at anything, which mildly resembles a golf ball and though, my head has no dimples, it is round.practice makes perfect........unfortunately, in my case,it made me a perfect idiot;though Tiger had different results.

Blaiserboy wrote:

RSI >55

Have fun!

I would like to try your suggestion for a Simple Scalper but I have already a problem in understanding the 3 beginning conditions:
1. RSI >55, this seems clear to me (RSI is higher than the Level line 50, correct?)
2. Commpodity Channell Index 30 >o, this I do not understand (30 bigger than o?)
3. Commodity Channel Index    150 crosses 0, this I do not understand eather (I would understand CCI crosses the Level line 0 upwards, but I dont understand the 150)
Can you please explain

@Blaiserboy: Can I please get an answer?

I will return from holidays in Mid May and be able to get my info for you.

25 (edited by pradeepgolfer 2016-04-15 03:54:18)

bru1 wrote:
Blaiserboy wrote:

RSI >55

Have fun!

I would like to try your suggestion for a Simple Scalper but I have already a problem in understanding the 3 beginning conditions:
1. RSI >55, this seems clear to me (RSI is higher than the Level line 50, correct?)
2. Commpodity Channell Index 30 >o, this I do not understand (30 bigger than o?)
3. Commodity Channel Index    150 crosses 0, this I do not understand eather (I would understand CCI crosses the Level line 0 upwards, but I dont understand the 150)
Can you please explain

Commpodity Channell Index 30 >o means CCI of 30 period is more than zero and 150 crosses 0 means CCI of 150 period goes above zero.

this is my understanding