1 (edited by pradeepgolfer 2016-02-17 06:22:41)

Topic: help

i have a strategy that long opens above a ema with a target and stop

when the target is reached and one more bar closes,it is opening a another long position immediately because the opening logic is satisfied.

how to solve this problem

the strategy is atttached.

Post's attachments

fsb1.png 204.38 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: help

perhaps develop the first strategy to profitability and then add the second.

You might reconsider the leverage..... the broker will love you too much

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

As Dave says, it is better to divide you strategies to two. One for long and one for short trades.
Later go to the Generator, lock your existing indicator slots. (by clicking on them. you will see a padlock icon) and run it.
The Generator will try to find additional entry / exit rules in order to make your strategy profitable (if it is possible).

thanks guys

WOW this forum is the fastest one (for replies / HELP) that i have ever seen.

happy to be here with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you looking to open another trade if the conditions continue to be in your favour?

If this is what you are looking for, use Additional features such as Winner or Add in the same panel where you use your BE, SL and TP (left hand panel).

hannahis wrote:

Are you looking to open another trade if the conditions continue to be in your favour?

If this is what you are looking for, use Additional features such as Winner or Add in the same panel where you use your BE, SL and TP (left hand panel).

actually this is moving average system-price after surging away from the ma, will correct.
since the entry is made when price moves above the ma,when the tp is reached,the market will still be above the ma:so the ea opens a long again.

it should not make a trade until the market corrects to the ma:this is best.

Hi Pradeep,

So if the price is above MA, you don't want the EA to open again, right?  (Bar opens above MA)

If that's the case, you may want to consider using "Bar opens above MA after it open below it", sounds to me like what you are searching for.

It's the same like, "Above" as compare to "Cross over", in "above" there are many instances when price is above but as for crossing, price need to be below it before it cross over to be above it (1 instant, so to speak but for lower time frame, it may cross and uncross many times if your parameter is very sensitive).

You may want to consider reading up more about "repeat" and "shift" functions (in Wiki)....will help you better in setting your trading conditions to customize you EA closer to your trading theory

hannahis wrote:

Hi Pradeep,

So if the price is above MA, you don't want the EA to open again, right?  (Bar opens above MA)

If that's the case, you may want to consider using "Bar opens above MA after it open below it", sounds to me like what you are searching for.

It's the same like, "Above" as compare to "Cross over", in "above" there are many instances when price is above but as for crossing, price need to be below it before it cross over to be above it (1 instant, so to speak but for lower time frame, it may cross and uncross many times if your parameter is very sensitive).

You may want to consider reading up more about "repeat" and "shift" functions (in Wiki)....will help you better in setting your trading conditions to customize you EA closer to your trading theory

i will try what you suggest

i am reading wiki step by step-each section i read several times. Everything that Popov has created is fantastic.