Topic: Enable Short Time Frame Features

Hi Popov,

Just a matter of curiosity, why can't we use shorter time frame?

For eg, Using the 1 hr time chart, why can't I include short time frame such as 1min, 5min, 30 min in my opening conditions?

I suspect it has to do with PBV.  Can we able to take the values of the shorter time frame as it is when the 1H Bar close/open without being concern/or be restricted about the closing bar value of the shorter time frame?

You know me, I'm always thinking of pushing the boundaries of FSB smile  and stretching FSB potential.  Just a food for thought, no stress.

Re: Enable Short Time Frame Features

The reason is that by using our main time frame we cannot position correctly the points from another shorter time frame.

For example, if the main time frame is H1 and we have indicator on M1. It is possible this indicator to rise 20-30 signals during one hour bar. How we can place these signals, interpolate and execute  these signals when we have only OHLC info from the main time frame? We can do some interpolation, but it will not be reliable.

On the the other hand, all info from an LTF is available in our main time frame. It is not a problem an indicator to rise a signal on an H1 time frame and we to locate and execute it using our main M1 time frame.

Thanks for your patience and time to explain the rationale

4 (edited by GD 2016-02-15 04:55:00)

Popov wrote:

The reason is that by using our main time frame we cannot position correctly the points from another shorter time frame.

For example, if the main time frame is H1 and we have indicator on M1. It is possible this indicator to rise 20-30 signals during one hour bar. How we can place these signals, interpolate and execute  these signals when we have only OHLC info from the main time frame? We can do some interpolation, but it will not be reliable.

On the the other hand, all info from an LTF is available in our main time frame. It is not a problem an indicator to rise a signal on an H1 time frame and we to locate and execute it using our main M1 time frame.

Dear Mr. Popov

Does it mean that FSB when uses i.e. H1 TF it can not see straight data for M1 TF?
If this happen  then M1 following methodology of Hannahis is one good road to receive a good EA and ofcourse the use of constant Protection Rules in ALL TFs, play a KEY ROLE to that.

By the way my proposal to Protection Rules is to be ALL Together (not as they are now) in the for coming release of FSB Pro and them to be executed immediately at current Open value.
Also Hidden protection rules on basics  maybe to be added?

/H1 and M1 TF usually do not exist in all same area of data bars from a broker and this is another problem