forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → VWAP (Volume Weighted Average Price Indicator) for FSB?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: VWAP (Volume Weighted Average Price Indicator) for FSB?

Hi Footon and whosoever that can custom make indicators,

What is your take about this indicator, VWAP?

http://tradingsim.com/blog/vwap-indicator/

Excerpts from the website:

If you are wondering what is the VWAP, then wait no more. VWAP stands for Volume Weighted Average Price and is used to identify the true average price of a stock by factoring volume into the equation.
Finding the average price based on closing value of a security will not give you an accurate picture of a stock’s health. 
Did the stock close at a high with low volume?  Did the stock move to a new low with light volume? 
These are all critical questions you would want answered as a day trader before pulling the trigger.
This is where VWAP can add more value than your standard moving average indicator because the VWAP reacts to price movements based on the volume of a given period.

Professional day traders have a rule of thumb when using the VWAP - if the VWAP line is flat lining, but the price has gone up or down impulsively, the price  will likely return to the VWAP line. However, if the VWAP line is starting to gradually go up or down along with the trend, it is probably not a good idea or good time to take a counter trend position.

Footon, do you think you can custom make this indicator, factor in Convergence/Divergence too, or any method to calculate that the VWAP is flat or rising with the rising price?  Is this indicator worth looking at?

Re: VWAP (Volume Weighted Average Price Indicator) for FSB?

I think I did it already.

Is it in the indicators repository?

I can't find it or was it named differently?

Must be lost in translation somewhere. I'll have a look in my archives, I know it will take time, my documentation principle is most closest to chaos and I can't still figure out why it's that.

my documentation principle is most closest to chaos

Some Git Magic can "magically" help.

Hmm, this makes sense, hint noted! Thanks, Miroslav!

I found VWMA in my archives, more suitable for fx than vwap it seems.

Post's attachments

VWMA.cs 16.31 kb, 17 downloads since 2016-02-15 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → VWAP (Volume Weighted Average Price Indicator) for FSB?