forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → How can I go fully use and go beyond the default indicators?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: How can I go fully use and go beyond the default indicators?

I am trying out FSB and seeing if I can use it to test variations of the pattern I trade, particularly to try new exit strategies.
I am having difficulty constructing my entry algorithm out of the built in indicators.

First, I want to use variation from the daily open and I can't find a way to emulate that at all.

Second, I want to test for retracing by percent change back to the daily open. It seems that everything in FSB is based around "levels" that are set numbers of pips, and never percentages. Can percentages be implemented in the platform?

Third, I want to look for most recent highs and lows, not over a predefined number of bars, but since the latest highs and lows. Is this flexibility possible in FSB?

Fourth, I want to use the average of the daily ATR over the past few days while trading on the M5. I think one does this by selecting D1 higher timeframe in Average True Range. Will higher timeframes function if I bridge trade using a finished FSB expert and Metatrader?

Finally, let me describe my experimenting as a novice programmer. My first impulse was not to ask for help, but to see if I could tinker with the program. I went to the MQL/Forexsb.com/Indicator folder and copied WilliamsPercentRange.mqh. I renamed it WWilliamsPercentRange.mqh and changed line 41 to read: "IndicatorName="WWilliams' Percent Range";". However, FSB does not give me the option of using "WWilliamsPercentRange" as an opening condition. Clearly there is some trick to compiling these files or something. Please teach me so I can help myself.

Re: How can I go fully use and go beyond the default indicators?

Hello Daze,

. I went to the MQL/Forexsb.com/Indicator folder and copied WilliamsPercentRange.mqh. I renamed it WWilliamsPercentRange.mqh

The MQH indicators are only for MT. You have t modify the corresponding C# indicator in order to use it in FSB. The original indicators are available for download and modification. See this topic: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/4208/ind … tribution/

Can percentages be implemented in the platform?

You can modify some of the available indicators or create new if you want.

Re: How can I go fully use and go beyond the default indicators?

It is going to take a while of experimenting to understand how the program works and what it offers...

There is a learning curve.

My suggestion is that you work within the program at first. see what you can develop....... before you attempt to automate your personal strategy.

Spend a couple weeks playing with the different aspects, locking and chaining...., increasing the number of slots allowed,  and letting the generator work for many hours...... see how the thing works. and then start getting specific.

daveM

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → How can I go fully use and go beyond the default indicators?