1 (edited by Jim Jimakos 2009-10-27 08:19:14)

Topic: Can I buy and sell using different logic conditions?

Dear Mr.Popov

I have few questions...

1) In your software, if I understand well, the entry logic conditions to short are fulfilled automatically.

I just need to create well the logi conditions to entry long...

But what I have to do if I prefer to use slightly different conditions to entry to short positions?

Is there some way to do it?

2) In order to compile (CTRL+I) custom indicators, why I have to compile all of them again? Can you do something about that? Or I do not do something well?

3) What software do you recommend to use to create new custom indicators compatible with yours?

Congratualtions for your software

Jim

Re: Can I buy and sell using different logic conditions?

Hello Jim,

1. You are wright. FSB uses symmetric / opposite logic rules for the short positions.

The only way to do different short logic is to implement it in a custom indicator.

2. FST reloads and recompiles all the custom indicators. If you work on a specific indicator, you can temporarily move the other in a separate folder.

3. I'm using notepad++

Dear Mr.Popov

Thanks you so much.

Inside Notepad++ there is one menu selection named RUN.

I still have few questions.

1. Could you tell me please which exe file of your package to use in order to compile the all thing more automatically?

Which language to select C# is fine or there is something else to select?

2. What to use for RUN with metarader 4? I like a bit Notepad++ ...

Thanks a lot again

The indicators are written in C# so that would be the most appropriate options in notepad++

The file you have to run is Forex Strategy Builder(Trader).exe. The FSB_Starter serves to show the loading progress only and actually makes the loading slower.

Probably I'll publish an open source Visual Studio CustomIndicators project. It will be much easier and faster to build and debug custom indicators with it.

You don't need reloading MT4 expert in order to activate the new indicators. Forex Strategy Trader sends ready for execution signals to MT4.

5 (edited by Jim Jimakos 2009-10-27 13:49:39)

Dear Mr.Popov

I already installed FST and it works fine.

I had a very good strategy before few years using your FSB enviroment but that time  there was not FST... I could not transfer it to MT4... Now I work on it again...

The most basic thing which is missing to FSB is exactly what you said, few examples using Vis. Studio Express which is free.

But please add to that some more explanations on the special instructions which possibly used in your custom indicators out of C# language.

Your FSB enviroment looks very promising to me as it is fast and the algorithms you use support forex market in a wealthy way. Also, it can be portable to other platforms.

Thanks again for your responses.

Popov wrote:

Probably I'll publish an open source Visual Studio CustomIndicators project. It will be much easier and faster to build and debug custom indicators with it.

Yes, that would dismiss all the pending questions like these:

- I saw the Sigma class code from your web site, but can't find enumerations used there
- I saw Entry Once indicator code published in indicators list page, but there is actually an empty body as Calculate() method implementation, and I hoped that would be my hint to get the info about the last trade...