forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Generator minimum number of indicators selected

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Generator minimum number of indicators selected

Hi Popov,

It seems like there is a minimum number of indicators needed to be selected in order for the generator to start.

Can you remove this minimum so that I can focus on my own selected indicators, such as 2 or 3 instead of being "forced" to select FSB's generator minimum number of indicators?

Re: Generator minimum number of indicators selected

The Generator requires at least one indicator for each type of slot. There is no other restrictions.

That's odd   when I remove all the ticks for the indicators,  there is an 'X" sign next to the start button.  I have to increase the number of indicators selected till the "X" sign disappear

The Generator cannot work without indicators. Why do you want to remove all of them?

I remove all the ticks and then tick only those I wanted to use.  It's much faster that way than to remove so many of them and leave behind those I want.

I selected only 2 indicators and the X mark/sign was there till I kept adding until the X mark gone.  so I'm "forced" to add in some other indicators I don't want to use.

The minimum numbers of indicators are:
Opening point - 1
Opening Logic Conditions - number equal to the number of the slots in the settings
Closing Point - 1
Closing conditions -  number equal to the number of the slots in the settings

If I remove these limitations the program will crash.

7 (edited by hannahis 2016-01-06 18:49:58)

Popov,

If 1 is the minimum, I don't have any problem with it.

But when I choose 2 indicators only for Opening logic, there is an X appeared next to the start button that prevents me from starting the generator till I add in a few more indicators and then it would disappear.

It seem like there is a link between Maximum Opening Logic slots.

If I put 8 Maximum Open logic slots, the Generator would require me to choose 8 indicators.

Popov, can you remove the link between maximum opening slot numbers and the numbers of indicators.

The reason is, I want Generator to churn out different combination of the same sets of indicators eg if I use only 1 indicator

I want generator to find different combination of periods of the same indicator that would give higher entry accuracy.

That means, if I use MA, I hope the generation would generate something like the eg below

slot 1, MA 21 cross MA 50
slot 2, MA 14 more than 21
slot 3, MA 21 more than 40  etc

What I'm trying to demonstrate here is that having 1 indicator doesn't mean we going to have 1 opening slot only just for that indicator.  Sometimes even for 1 indicator, we need 3 or 4 slots with different combinations

http://s15.postimg.org/jm7iqi8if/Generator.jpg

Popov, can you remove the link between maximum opening slot numbers and the numbers of indicators.

It is not possible. The Generator is designed to prevent repetition of indicators. It needs at least 1 indicator for each allowed slot.

9 (edited by hannahis 2016-01-06 18:46:15)

At least 1 indicator is fine with me...but in this case, it is only allowing maximum 1 indicator per slot.

What's wrong with repeating the same indicators with different combination/slots?

With the MA eg I explained previously (above), repeating the same indicator with different combination/slots may help us find EA with higher entry accuracy.

- Set your indicator manually in all slots.
- Go to Generator
- "Link" all slots
- Set the max allowed slot to be equal to the number of slots in your strategy
- Run the Generator

http://s2.postimg.org/3pt99urjp/screenshot_1323.jpg

11 (edited by hannahis 2016-01-06 19:13:37)

Thanks, that's an excellent way to resolve this issue.

12 (edited by hannahis 2016-01-06 19:25:33)

Popov,

Can you create another option call "link fix" or any suitable name...whereby

1.  It will only change the parameters, base price smoothing methods etc

2.  It will NOT change the setting such as "cross over" or "higher than" etc and other properties in the Advance setting such as the LTR, signal repeat, shift etc

Reason being is, (using 1 min time chart) I want generator to search for the "ideal" cross over for eg H1 and at the same time find out what other "higher than" in lower time frame such as 30 min, 15 min, 5 min and 1 min default. 

With such new setting...we can zoom in better where we want to improve and target at those time frame or conditions that we want to improve without generator randomly picking for us.

That would be great addition!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

14 (edited by GD 2016-01-07 05:10:03)

Hanna rules... Hehehe

15 (edited by hannahis 2016-01-07 05:24:34)

Dear Popov,

I want to thank you for accommodating with our requests all these years.  You are an extremely patient person with us (especially me).

I know I've been putting up several requests and I hope you don't see them as demands or dissatisfaction...I'm just playing the role as a creative person to keep pushing the boundaries and offering different perspectives.  In any organisation to grow, there is always a need to keep asking for the sky (limitless wishing) to see how far we can take a product to it's farthest potential and achievements.

FSB has tremendous potential....and the good news is, there is still so much potential we can expand and rooms to sharpen it.  You have create such a robust platform that there is so much we can do with it (that other competitors, can't come close to such versatility).

For an organisation to grow it needs to CARE and so far you have been very "Care"ing

C= Creative (Focus on Possibility)
A = Advancer (Focus on Interaction, encourage free flow of communication, asking the right questions to bring up more ideas)  Dave and Footon have been very good as Advancer and Refiner
R = Refiner (Focus on analysis, asking question targeting at how to implement the creative ideas)
E = Executor (Focus on realities, bridging between potential and possibilities)

Keep up the good works...meanwhile do bear with me (and don't get stress up by my requests) for coming up with all sorts of ideas for brainstorming..take it with a pinch of salt.  See what's worth going and what's you need to set aside.  We always need dreamers in the team and people like you to make our dreams come true smile  That's how to keep an organisation dynamic.  Thanks

You have went beyond all our expectations smile

I think I saw that CARE thing in the closing sequence of a multilevel marketing presentation a few weeks ago.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

17 (edited by hannahis 2016-01-07 06:06:20)

GD wrote:

Hanna rules... Hehehe

Hannah suggests...Popov rules (he calls the shot and make things happen) smile

Thank you for all creative ideas.

Trade Safe!

19 (edited by GD 2016-01-07 14:04:07)

Dear Hannahis

Of course Mr. Popov is a nice person and he has done excellent job and without FSB Pro we will never get many things about trading.

But you also show me what to do...  This is important and I thank you.

http://s16.postimg.org/b3q6c3p8h/2016_01_07.jpg

I did what you said and this is what I received using Optimizer and Generator of FSB pro. It is an EA at M1 following your
method to work!!! I started form D1 and I went to M1 gradually.

I will run it in Demo. Now I run yours in Demo.

20 (edited by hannahis 2016-01-07 16:27:52)

Wow GD,

We each have different strength and talents...and when we come together to brain storm and help one another out...we reap the benefits of synergy smile

That's an excellent work...keep it up and keep us posted with your demo results smile

Once you got the right parameters, you realised it's so easy why we couldn't see it before that right? 

It requires one to look at the charts with different perspective and be creative and analytical.

All the very best to your adventure smile

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Generator minimum number of indicators selected