Topic: How to increase the default bar count?

Hi Popov,

You mentioned before and gave the instruction to increase the bar count (the default is 3000 right?)

One of my EA needed about 3100 and hence can't be loaded in the MT4 chart.  Please direct me or let me know how to change the default setting and increase the level of bar count.

Thanks

Re: How to increase the default bar count?

Search the expert code for FindBarsCountNeeded and adjust the parameters. You can increase the maxBars to above 3000 in your case. 

http://s28.postimg.org/58zk0t1hl/screenshot_1214.jpg

Thanks

Are the instruction to change 1. Bar count, 2. Max Logical conditions,  3. Minimum profit for Winner option found in the user guide or manual.?

Popov wrote:

Search the expert code for FindBarsCountNeeded and adjust the parameters. You can increase the maxBars to above 3000 in your case. 

http://s28.postimg.org/58zk0t1hl/screenshot_1214.jpg

Sorry, please help me know where to find this file (I forgot already).

Search for it under FSB user files or MT4 data folder?

You can do it either in the Expert Advisor code or in these files: ActionTrade4.mqh, ActionTrade5.mqh located under C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com folder.

Popov wrote:

You can do it either in the Expert Advisor code or in these files: ActionTrade4.mqh, ActionTrade5.mqh located under C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com folder.

If we change those........ will that be for all of the strategies we produce....?

Thanks

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Yes, it is. However you have to know that these changes will be overridden be the next automatic update. You can either stop the automatic updates or to make the changes in your already exported EA. (Both of these are not recommended because the updates may cover some serious issues)

Popov wrote:

Yes, it is. However you have to know that these changes will be overridden be the next automatic update. You can either stop the automatic updates or to make the changes in your already exported EA. (Both of these are not recommended because the updates may cover some serious issues)

Hi Popov,

If that's the case, can you kindly just increase the default to 4000 or 5000 bars so that I don't have to keep rewriting it each time you update?  Since it's an auto calculation, increasing the bar limit won't going to hurt those who don't need higher bar count and also won't limit those who need it. 

Secondly, how about the number of logic, if I increase to the maximum, will it be override by the next update too?  Similarly can you increase the default number of logic from 8 to the maximum (24?).  And those who don't need wouldn't be affected and those who need don't have to trouble themselves to search for the code and rewrite it.  This way, people can use FSB pro to it's fullest potential.  And for the benefit of the new comers who aren't aware that they can "manipulate" such settings won't be deprived of such features, if it is set as a default in the 1st place.

Thanks

Changing the bar count may present a problem.

Many people are running multiple strategies, having a large number of bars in each chart will slow their computers.

The difference between 100 strategies at 500 bars and 100 strategies at 5000 bars is huge. MT4 has enough problems and would not like to have so many charts with a large bar count.

Also, keep in mind that FSBPro strategies do a lot of work for each tick. meaning. a lot of processing time. The system is set up so that we can use the minimum number of bars to facilitate processing.

People who are using M1 or M5 charts for their strategies are seeing their computers work hard.... if we add bars. they have to work that much harder.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

10 (edited by hannahis 2015-10-01 19:36:23)

Dave,

The bar count is automatic, so those whose EA don't use so much won't taxed the computer so much because the bar count is automatically calculated to what each EA needs not a blanket rule.  So if I put the bar count default max 5000 doesn't mean my EA will use 5000, it will automatically calculate what each EA needs, so won't put unnecessary strain on the computer isn't it?