1 (edited by muplayer2000 2015-07-15 05:58:48)

Topic: Cannot save strategy

I am trying to save export a strategy

But i keep getting the message:

Cannot find the following indicator : Adaptive Stochastics
Cannot find the following indicator: Linear regression value - ime series forecast

Even though the indicator are located in forexsb folder.

http://i.imgsafe.org/91612f0.jpg

Post's attachments

Indy.jpg 46.49 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Cannot save strategy

Adaptive Stochastics is not marked as suitable for conversion to MT4 in the repository.

Unless an indicator has that icon..... not useful in exported EA.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

The *.cs files you show on the screenshots are used in FSB Pro for creating and testing forex strategies. Unfortunately MT does not understand C# and uses its own language called MQL (Meta Quotes Language). When you export Expert Advisors, FSB looks for MQL indicators in two locations:
- C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\Indicators for all standard indicators
- C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\Custom for custom indicators.

All standard indicators (standard means that they are included in the distribution) are coupled with respective MQL versions. On the other hand, the custom indicators are written by the community and their authors may or may not provide MQL files.

So in conclusion they cannot be used with forexsb to generate an EA? IF the mql file is not provided?

Popov wrote:

The *.cs files you show on the screenshots are used in FSB Pro for creating and testing forex strategies. Unfortunately MT does not understand C# and uses its own language called MQL (Meta Quotes Language). When you export Expert Advisors, FSB looks for MQL indicators in two locations:
- C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\Indicators for all standard indicators
- C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\Custom for custom indicators.

All standard indicators (standard means that they are included in the distribution) are coupled with respective MQL versions. On the other hand, the custom indicators are written by the community and their authors may or may not provide MQL files.

The custom indicators work as well as their authors can program.

I suggest that you delete the ones that are not supported.

Periodically I delete all the indicators and then redownload because sometimes there are additional indicators and modifications.

I find it easier to clean them all out and re download.

Indicators have been created and placed in the repository by people who have not updated them.. and they may have gone away from FSBPro for a while....

Best to use the ones with the icon and forget the others.

IMHO

Actually, for a long time I used only the indicators in the program and things worked just as well.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Yes will do, will be nice if they not supported for export to mt4 to not be in the repository , hence they cannot be used in the EA generated.