Topic: Day closing

Could you help me. I had set the logic for closing "Day closing", and envelopes - sometimes it's closing transaction at the end of the day, but sometimes it does not. I have also condition Envelopes, but if its not close on the envelope i should close at the end of the day, but during testing on MT i have sometimes position still for 2,3 days hmm Check the screen please.

Maybe you have some idea ? Thanks

Post's attachments

dayclosing.jpg 173.91 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Day closing

Hello,

You have Envelops as a Closing Logic Condition. That means you'll:
- close long at Day Closing if the Close price is lower than the Upper band of Envelops;
- close short at Day Closing if the Close price is higher than the Lower band of Envelops;

In the other cases the position will remain open.

What if I wanted to have Envelopes (or MA cross or Donchian or other similar indicators) as a main Closing point of the Position?
But as a "spare" exit scenario, because I do not like holding positions overnight (or during weekend), to have Day/Week Closing to the disposal.
I.e.: EITHER Envelopes OR Day/Week Closing as Exit points?

You can set only one exit point for a strategy.

However you can use a "hack" in order to overcome that limitation. You can start another expert with "NoNo" entry and exit at "Day Closing" on the same market with the same magic number. It will see your main expert position and will close it. You can use "Day Closing 2" because you can set specific closing time for Friday there.

Wow, what a magic smile  Thanks.

Thank you for answer Mr Popov, I undestand now smile

Popov wrote:

You can set only one exit point for a strategy.

However you can use a "hack" in order to overcome that limitation. You can start another expert with "NoNo" entry and exit at "Day Closing" on the same market with the same magic number. It will see your main expert position and will close it. You can use "Day Closing 2" because you can set specific closing time for Friday there.

During the time, but especially in last weeks with huge overnight gaps (DAX), I realized that your elegant "hack" cannot effectively work in longer time horizon.
The problem is that it can be applied only in Trader, but not in Builder. This way I actually trade quite different strategy than I had backtested before.
Can you probably advise another "trick" how backest Day Closing (and Week Closing) as the additional exit condition?
Why this specific alternative exit it cannot be included in FSB Pro as a regular feature?

Can you probably advise another "trick" how backest Day Closing (and Week Closing) as the additional exit condition?
Why this specific alternative exit it cannot be included in FSB Pro as a regular feature?

Such functions are planned and will be included in the program.

Sounds good, thanks.

Yes, I'm excite and looking for the new features to be included in the future upgrades/updates, it seem like Popov and the team have lots of pleasant surprises in stored for us.  Can't wait for the next "WOW", already I'm waiting in great anticipation for the coming upgrades...Popov, do you have a rough estimation of the next upgrade?  I've been "stretching my neck" for sometime, just wonder when you likely going to surprise us?

I'll release a security update in a week.
Later I'll start working on the new release. I have a rather big ToDo list, so I'll need several months to develop and test the new features.
No deadline for now.