forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Only Long, Only Short

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Only Long, Only Short

How can I do so that I can choose: "Only Long, Only Short"?

Re: Only Long, Only Short

Look in 'Opening Logic' indicators and you will see an indicator called 'Long or Short' that you can use.

Enjoy!!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

Look in 'Opening Logic' indicators and you will see an indicator called 'Long or Short' that you can use.

Enjoy!!

Thanks.
Can you explain the situation without this indicator the sum of 517,000, and separately for Long is 704, 834 is in short?

4 (edited by swindler7 2015-07-03 14:42:47)

swindler7 wrote:
Blaiserboy wrote:

Enjoy!!

Thanks.
Can you explain the situation without this indicator the sum of 517,000, and separately for Long is 704, 834 is in short?

This indicator is not working correctly. The initial number of trades - 1200. After the indicator has been applied number of trades - 6000. The indicator itself generates signals. I need to display signals separately long and short.

Look in additional statistics for number of trades for long/short.

We can talk about it forever.

I can explain that this is one of the most simple indicators in the program available since the first versions of the freeware FSB. You can explain what numbers your strategy shows and to insist that something is wrong forever.

The indicator itself generates signals

What signals the "Long or Short" indicator generates? long, short or both?
Remove all other indicators and check again.

A very common explanation is that your strategy maintain open short positions for long time. When these short positions are removed, the strategy opens and close many short term long positions on their place.

How do I make when installing the expert to the chart I could choose long, short or both?

Make two copies, one for long and one for short.

tIf you want really pertinent help....... with your strategy. then post pics and the strategy so that people have something to refer to.

Until they can see the specific problem for themselves on their computer, it is very tough to provide good answers.

Popov is pretty qiuick to jump on a problem if he can see it  and work with it.....

Footon has excellent knowledge of the indicators and their application. if he can see the problem he will easily have good suggestions.

Much better answers if you post the details with pics and the strategy file itself.

I hope that helps.

daveM

Make two copies, one for long and one for short.

Dave, running these two copies may result to hedging. MT5 will not allow it. However they must work well in MT4. The result of these two strategies may differ from the result of the initial strategy.

How do I make when installing the expert to the chart I could choose long, short or both?

You normally set the strategy logic in FSB Pro. You can change only the trading volume and several special settings after the export.

Thanks to all. I'll trade manually.

swindler7 wrote:

I trade manually  for lots of strategies until I understand how to get FSBPro to do them for me.

It is best to have a strategy laid out on a chart and then start to automate it...

Great idea!

12 (edited by hannahis 2015-07-04 18:58:13)

swindler7 wrote:

Hi Swindler,

Welcome to FSB forum.  If you are new to FSB Pro, do give yourself sometime to figure out how to use because it is rather easy once you get a hand of it.  Much easier than any other EA creator programme out there and FSB Pro is much more user friendly.  There may be some learning curves to overcome initially, but do not short change yourself by quitting on FSB Pro because it's an excellent tool.

If you have any questions, do feel free to post your questions here...the FSB team is made up of wonderful people who are so willing to help out.

If you have an excellent or good strategy, do try to figure out how to use the FSB because computer calculates far more faster and accurate than manual trading.  I use FSB to develop my EA and I'm amazed at how fast it reacts to the market situation far more better, faster and less emotional if I were to trade manually. 

I appreciate best about using FSB is that it eliminate emotional trading and let my EA do the thinking since I already put a lot of testing and "thinking" into developing my EA.  I rather sweat out while developing my EA than to sweat while doing live trading...very damaging for my nerves smile

I use that 'Long or Short' quite often.

There are some drawbacks to it....... we each have to explore the differences and see what we want to choose.

Regarding manual trading.... I have been doing that for a long time...... fairly good results........ some manual trading is not easily replaced with an EA, I prefer now to use an EA as there is no way I can monitor many different time frames and currency pairs, just too confusing.

Manual is great for someone that has a goal of a few pips per session, I have this thing called greed.. hahaha.... so I have to expand my capacity.  lol

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Only Long, Only Short