Topic: High & Low?

Hi, can anyone please show me how to use high and low in FSB? Just a little example
on how to enter a trade when, lets say: current close is higher than the to last candles high, or the current close is higher than the last highest high.

Just point me in the right direction smile

Thanks in advance!
Halvard

Re: High & Low?

Here is an example:

[Opening Point of the Position]
     Moving Average
     Enter the market at Moving Average

[Opening Logic Condition]
     Previous High Low
     The position opens above the previous high
     Base price  -  High and Low
     Vertical shift  -  10

We open a position at MA only if the MA at the moment of opening is higher than previous bar High + 10 points.

And we enter short at MA when the MA (position opening price) is lower than previous Low - 10 points.

Thanks alot, it's working now smile)

I now have another question..hehe. Take a look at the picture below, I have a couple of questions
there.

http://s10.postimg.org/jcv5bwdad/fsb.jpg

Thanks for all the help!!
Halvard

halvardu wrote:

Thanks alot, it's working now smile)

I now have another question..hehe. Take a look at the picture below, I have a couple of questions
there.

http://s10.postimg.org/jcv5bwdad/fsb.jpg

Thanks for all the help!!
Halvard

Lets see what the manual says:

Manual wrote:

Link - the Generator will use the indicator without being able to remove it but it will be able to change its parameters

That was not what I was asking smile. I was wondering if it still will use the indicators
in the left side (On picture). Reason I ask, is because I cant see them in the strategies in the
repository, it seems like it only uses the linked indicators.

Regards,
Halvard

I agree the wording could be better, I had to re-read it too to see if it answers your question, and yes, it answers your question.

(If you) Link - the Generator will use the indicator without being able to remove it. You see now? If you link an indi in the gen, it will not remove but change the parameters of the indi, banning or sorting the indis on your left pic is out of question here. If you link the indis in all usable slots, then it sure as hell will only use those indis, otherwise we would have a major bug.

Hope this clarifies your question! smile

The picture shows that you have disabled indicators for the  Closing Logic Conditions slots. It is not clear what exactly you are asking for.

Link - the Generator will use the indicator without being able to remove it but it will be able to change its parameters

If there are unoccupied slots, the Generator will put some of the enabled indicators. If there are no enabled indicators, you'll not be able to run the Generator.

The concrete answer to your question is NO, the Generator will not use the Commodity Chanel Index in a closing logic slot.

You have linked the Closing Point indicator, which is different than Bar Closing. The Generator will not be able to set Bar Closing and therefore, it will not be able to use Closing Logic Conditions.

Thanks alot for the help! smile

Regards,
Halvard