forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Round Number Indicator for DAX?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Round Number Indicator for DAX?

Is it possible to set up Round Number (or Round Number II Plus) indicators in a way that allows entering DAX positions with a step of 10 (e.g.: 11800, 11810, 11820, 11830, ........, 11900, 11910, 11930,..... etc.)?
One of my brokers (ActivTrades) uses 1 digit, while another one (FXCM) 0 digit data.

Re: Round Number Indicator for DAX?

Did you try to set the numbers in the indicator?

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Of course, I tried to play with different parameters, both in Round Number (or RN II Plus) Indicators and in Strategy Properties, but unfortunately without success.

In my question I probably forgot to stress the important word ".... GRADUAL entering DAX positions ...."

The reason for this question was that I tried to create a sort of a grid strategy, where positions are gradually added in identical steps as the market rises (or falls). It was already discussed in an earlier topic here (without any solution):

http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/5088/ent … ble-steps/

I had a look at the other thread. I have not done this type of entry. I saw a thread once where Footon explained something about sequential orders. There may be a clue in that. I will attempt to locate his post.

Probably we need a specific tool for scaling in an order.

Dax gives some nice  moves most days.!

Popov

Can you tell us what we need here.. is it a new indicator or to revise what we have already?

Thanks

The original indicator should work with all symbols.  I'll check what is the problem with DAX.

Just to stress the core of this topic from my point of view:

The main issue is not with the Round Number indicator itself, but with its usage for creating "grid-like" strategies. I do not know, how to eliminate entering added positions at the same price as previously entered positions. I would like to add positions gradually, in regular steps, please see my messages above.

Did you try Round Number + Winner Adding option.
The program will open the initial position at some round number, lets say 12100.00. Next time the market reaches 12100.00 the strategy will not add because it will not be winning due to the spread. However it will add at 12200.00. It will work only one time, because next time when the market reaches 12200.00 the position will be also at a profit and the strategy will add again.

Yes, I have already tried it last year with the Winner option, please see here:
http://forexsb.com/forum/post/27105/#p27105

Unfortunately, 9 of 10 positions were entered at the identical price 9790.

My broker does not use a spread, instead has a commission. I have not experimented with Dax in FSBProso I can not really comment. I will see about doing that this morning.

hehe Dax is great, while I slept it gave me a nice kiss hehehe

I checked the Round Number with DAX

It works fine:

Round Number
Digits     Numbers
2          11440.0 11450.0
3          11400.0 11500.0
4          11000.0 12000.0

I agree, but what about the issue with adding winning positions in equal steps?

bold wrote:

I agree, but what about the issue with adding winning positions in equal steps?

Show me a strategy, data and the bar where it happens. I'll check it and fix it if it is necessary.

I prepared the same sample strategy that was already described in the picture from my message from 21st November 2014 here:
http://forexsb.com/forum/post/27105/#p27105

Strange adding to winning positions (at the same price level !?) can be seen on the backtest showing trades from 18th and 23rd September.

The sample strategy and M1 data from September 2014 are attached.

It would be great, if you find a solution. Thanks in advance.

Post's attachments

m1.ZIP 154.95 kb, 2 downloads since 2015-06-24 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

My opinion is that you can't achieve grid-type entry once per grid with Round Number. I didn't see anything suspicious with your previous post as positions were added in the true spirit of Winner mode - add to winning positions at round numbers, whatever they may be as long as they are round.

Hmm, I have hoped in more positive news. Thanks, anyway.

Let's hope that Popov will find any alternative solution. I believe the grid-type entry can help to realize some interesting strategies, if used in a controlled way.

Why it's bad news? The fact that the standard indi is not meant to do this doesn't necessarily mean it is impossible in FSB. That's what custom indicators are for.

Footon... what do u think he can use to achieve that sequence of orders....

He wants one every so many pips

I have been trying also to come up with something but am stuck.

Blaiserboy wrote:

Footon... what do u think he can use to achieve that sequence of orders....

He wants one every so many pips

I have been trying also to come up with something but am stuck.

Round Number is essentially the way to go, the problem seems to be that a grid-level should contribute addition only once - this is the tricky part. We could neglect a level if price has visited it, but for how long it should stay obliviated? Forever seems to be a bad choice, because nearly all price levels will be wiped out...

I wonder about a loop in the round number indicator

or a 'wait' command

I actually have no idea as I am unfamiliar with indicator building in FSBPro

Were I writing something in Mql I would be trying thoise two or using a varialble to store the last entry price.

Blaiserboy wrote:

I wonder about a loop in the round number indicator

or a 'wait' command

I actually have no idea as I am unfamiliar with indicator building in FSBPro

Were I writing something in Mql I would be trying thoise two or using a varialble to store the last entry price.

FSB indis do not have access to position info, no entry price is possible in a reliable way, only if price has been at a level is known.

footon wrote:

Why it's bad news? The fact that the standard indi is not meant to do this doesn't necessarily mean it is impossible in FSB. That's what custom indicators are for.

In such case I recall my original scepticism smile

footon wrote:

FSB indis do not have access to position info, no entry price is possible in a reliable way, only if price has been at a level is known.

Is the access into the FSB Pro code excluded?
Just a vague idea from a programming analphabet: What about adding a "variable constant" into the formula for counting the average price of currently opened positions that allows entering the next "Winner" position (for "Loser" vice versa, of course). The variable constant would increase with every entered position, in steps given by the grid.

Yep, Pro is proprietary, indicator code is not though. You can get the source for all standard indis and the stuff which goes along with. Find it here: https://github.com/PopovMP/FSB_Pro_Indicators

I have plans of adding such feature in the program.  I may add an option "Allow multiple entries at same price" in the Strategy Properties. When the option is on, the behavior of the strategies will be as it is now, however when it is off, the strategy will check the history and will not allow another entry at the same price during that position. A price level will be free for entry once the position is closed (zero lots). This, with the combination with the Add, Winner, and Loser options will allow various scenarios.

Another direction of development is to provide a way the indicators to see the account and the trades. It will open many new opportunities.

Great news, thanks.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Round Number Indicator for DAX?