Topic: Custom indis fail to load

Not a single indi loads up, I've been literally trying for 2 hours now... Deleted the library files and stuff, but nothing. What am I doing wrong?

http://s16.postimg.org/xmvqzhgfl/error.jpg

Re: Custom indis fail to load

I alerted Popov a couple hours ago, he is working on it.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

We cannot understand anything from that exception message. Can you try running FSB without indicators in the "Indicators" folder and dlls in"Libraries" folder?
If no errors, put one of the standard indicators and restart.
We'll see than.

I alerted Popov a couple hours ago, he is working on it.

Dave the Indicators repo page works fine.

i did that.... emptied the files restarted. no problem

added chande momentum
restarted. indicator loaded ok

next, I downloaded all of the indicators into the strategy file...... and restarted

none of them loaded....  but new DLL files were made

(Chande did not load)

My detective side tells me that one of the custom indicators has a defect that prevents all from loading...

I decided to get new indicators as I noticed some duplicates, yes the page works properly..... but restarting after downloading all of them resulted in no custom indicators loading.

My laptop, with an older version of the program loads them properly

This time, a fresh restart. all loaded properly!

I am now thinking that duplicate files in the indicators caused the difficulty, I had three of four duplicates before.

Maybe the remedy is to delete all indicators and library contents and redownload all; however, I think Footon tried that without success.

It is possible to have indicators that have a new file name. They may conflict with the older versions.

It is possible a problem in a single indicator to cause the problem. I'm only guessing because the problem doesn't appear on my machine.  However, I haven't tested all custom indicators.

I think duplicates or old files are causing problems...... users will have to clean their indicators and library files out and redownload. Today  and yesterday I downloaded  indicators and the trouble began after that... I had not deleted old files.

I have closed and restarted a few times and each time was successful.

I wonder if the program could delete .dll files when it closes so as to eliminate duplication (if that is the difficulty)

OR

Could the program scan for duplicate indicator/.dll names and out of date indicators and throw up a warning to delete the files and redownload.

Or could the program scan the repository and download current versions of the indicators and replace the files.

As the number of indicators grows, this problem may increase in severity, people are going to have to somehow maintain their folders.

I wonder if the program could delete .dll files when it closes

The purpose of compiling dlls is to speed up the loading. If we delete them, the program will have to recompile the indicators.

Could the program scan for duplicate indicator/.dll names and out of date indicators and throw up a warning to delete the files and redownload.

The program doesn't know what indicator is stored in a dll. It is a developer's responsibility to name the files properly.

Or could the program scan the repository and download current versions of the indicators and replace the files.

The user may not want a newer version or he can modified his own copy. Also no one can guarantee that a developer uses proper versifying for his indicators.

What we have to provide is:
- the program must not crash if a custom indicator has errors;
- the program has to show more informative error messages and hints for rectifying the issues.

I load everything except kelner 2 no other problem!
Even for that there is reason. It exists twice.

Popov wrote:

We cannot understand anything from that exception message. Can you try running FSB without indicators in the "Indicators" folder and dlls in"Libraries" folder?
If no errors, put one of the standard indicators and restart.
We'll see than.

As expected without any indis it works, I put one in, it still works. Possibly a dodgy indicator?

What I noticed, when I delete all dll's, it compiles only some of them and after that gives the error, meaning some indis which worked before are not loading up. Compiling process stops because some errors occur which it cannot handle and fails to point out what indi is at fault?

I have the most recent version, this did not happen with the prior version. I wonder if something has been changed in the new version that somehow disqualifies some indicators, maybe a stricter control.

I was lucky in that I got them all to load..... perhaps you have newer ones that you are working on and do not compile according to whatever new standards may exist.

Noting is changed in the custom indicators code or compilation.

Footon if the problem is in a particular indicator you can try finding it faster by dividing indicator in two equal groups and check both. Later divide "broken" group again and ... "Method of successive approximations"

Compiling process stops because some errors occur which it cannot handle and fails to point out what indi is at fault?

The "Show custom indicators in output log" may show what succeed and probably the bad one is the next. 
If you find it, please send me it to examine what causes the problem and how to make solve it in an elegant manner.

No, it doesn't show the culprits in the log, it doesn't show nothing of indicators except some number loaded. Luckily I got the culprits and can start mending them.