Topic: Opening Logic Based on Up and Down candle(s)?

A. If I have an UP candle that closes at 9:59:00 then how do I set my opening logic to then trade LONG at 10:00:00?

B. If I have an UP candle that closes at 8:59:00 and another UP candle that closes at 9:59:00 how do I go LONG but double my trade size from 1 lot to 2 lots?

C. If I have a Down candle that closes at 9:59:00 then how do I set my opening logic to then trade Short at 10:00:00?

D. If I have a Down candle that closes at 8:59:00 and another Down candle that closes at 9:59:00 how do I go Short but double my trade size from 1 lot to 2 lots?

Based on my review of the options within FSB for opening logic I do not see that the above is possible since this is not a technical indicator that I am looking for.

Any help and instructions so I can do above would be appreciated.

Re: Opening Logic Based on Up and Down candle(s)?

I'll make a custom indicator "Candle" with options for choosing the candle color and the number of consecutive candles.
The different trading size problem can be solve in two ways:
- making two strategies where the first one enters long  at 10:00 with 1 lot after one white candle and the second strategy enters long at 10:00 with 1 lot after two white candles.
- enter long at 9:00 after a white candle and eventually add 1 more what at 10:00 after another white candle.

3 (edited by Lemnos 2015-06-05 17:08:41)

Popov thanks for your reply and help. We can continue to communicate via email on this subject.

Please find the "Candle Color" indicator in the FSB Pro Indicators Repository page.

Here is a possible usage:

A. If I have an UP candle that closes at 9:59:00 then how do I set my opening logic to then trade LONG at 10:00:00?
AND
C. If I have a Down candle that closes at 9:59:00 then how do I set my opening logic to then trade Short at 10:00:00?

[Opening Point of the Position]
     Bar Opening

[Opening Logic Condition]
     Entry Time
     Enter the market between the specified hours
     From hour (incl.)  -  10
     Until hour (excl.)  -  11

Candle Color
     White Candle formed
     Min body height [pips]  -  5
     Consecutive candles  -  1

B. If I have an UP candle that closes at 8:59:00 and another UP candle that closes at 9:59:00 how do I go LONG but double my trade size from 1 lot to 2 lots?
AND
D. If I have a Down candle that closes at 8:59:00 and another Down candle that closes at 9:59:00 how do I go Short but double my trade size from 1 lot to 2 lots?

The strategy opens equal amount for each entry. You can solve that problem by making two strategies or by using adding.

[Opening Point of the Position]
     Bar Opening

Entry Time
     Enter the market between the specified hours
     From hour (incl.)  -  10
     Until hour (excl.)  -  11

Candle Color
     White Candle formed
     Min body height [pips]  -  5
     Consecutive candles  -  2