Topic: Slope

Hi to all , i have a question of indicator "slope"

I think not run correctly : not run/open correct , open BELOW the line when i ask OPEN above.

many thanks to all

Andrea

Post's attachments

slope test.jpg 519.47 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity"

Re: Slope

smile

Post's attachments

EURGBP H4 slope test.xml 10.91 kb, 5 downloads since 2015-05-27 

banabana wrote:

smile

Post's attachments

slope 2.jpg
slope 2.jpg 52.96 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

I noticed that the issue happens at the bars where the slop changes value. Do you have the same observations?

I checked my work - I declare indicator fine! But there is an issue indeed, and I suspect LTF function. I can't say though whether it is LTF problem or LTF combined with the indicator.

Very weird, I can't figure out what's wrong...

Hi Footton, i have make many test but i think have problem same same at the "old" moving average WFT who has arranged some weeks ago Popov.

8 (edited by banabana 2015-05-27 19:29:35)

banabana wrote:

Hi Footton, i have make many test but i think have problem same same at the "old" moving average WFT who has arranged some weeks ago Popov.

Post's attachments

test 3.jpg 473.35 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

I'll try to debug it. I have some ideas to test and will respond ASAP.

The problem is probably in the LTF code. Leave this issue to me. I'll try to fix it and to post an update tomorrow.

There is a logical problem here.

The logic rule used for entry is "The bar opens above the Moving Average" and the indicator uses LTF.

The question is what bar must be higher than the MA. The current time frame bar or the LTF bar?

Probably there is no problem. The indicator must return signals for the given parameters. We set it on LTF and want signals for that time frame. It compares each LTF bar with the indicator value and returns a proper signal. We are misguided by the fact that we see the signals plotted on the current time frame.  Actually the indicator works well.

If you set "Position opens above indicator" logic rule, it will look correctly because the position price is absolute and do not depend on the LTF data.

Great to hear this! Thanks!

Indeed, should it look at the base TF bar or LTF bar against LTF indicator, that's the question. Idea that it should take into account the current bar on the base TF has merit, multi-timeframe strats are very often used this way. On the other hand current principle is logical and handy as well. A bit hard to have the best of both worlds.

A bit hard to have the best of both worlds.

No mater how it is calculated the important is to not look at the future and the backtester and trader /EAs to work at the same way. Now these requirements are fulfilled.

Popov wrote:

A bit hard to have the best of both worlds.

No mater how it is calculated the important is to not look at the future and the backtester and trader /EAs to work at the same way. Now these requirements are fulfilled.

Of course! But reliability is easily achievable in both cases. It's a matter of implementation, and both have their upsides, like a possible undercut in lag if current base bar is used, for example. I don't envy you for having to choose in these type of situations while developing wink .

In the current case, the indicator is independent and give signals based only on its own data series. In order to make it calculating indicator value on LTF and giving signals on the current TF, we have to give them two data series, which is something impossible in the current implementation.
We have to live with this scenario for now.

Popov wrote:

In the current case, the indicator is independent and give signals based only on its own data series. In order to make it calculating indicator value on LTF and giving signals on the current TF, we have to give them two data series, which is something impossible in the current implementation.
We have to live with this scenario for now.

Many thank's to Miroslav and to Footon , i will try, with logic slot, to  combine with anoter indicator

thk's again , Andrea

In that particular strategy the position opens at Bar Opening. Therefore, you can change the logic rule to "The position opens above the Moving Average" and it will work as you have expected.