1 (edited by GD 2015-05-26 04:04:04)

Topic: How can I translate a cs indicator to mq4 indicator?

Dear Dr. Popov

I just bought your software, which I watch for a long time.

I cannot find what it needs exactly to translate a cs indicator to mq4 indicator. This is unfair for a so good software (permit me to say that), as the most practical part to develop and use it in a more advanced level (for even better results) is the translation of available free good mq4 indicators in your format of mq4.

I already found that you offer more than 150 examples of indicators in CS and MQL in project GitHub:
https://github.com/PopovMP/FSB_Pro_Indicators, which are included in the program MQL folder and your online repository.

Could you answer me please the following questions which will help me to go in the answers I need faster?

1) Do I need to have both css and mqh files existed at the same time?
2) Do mqh files only are not enough???
3) Do I need to make changes to other mqh files in the folder of your software,
except the same name indicator ones if cs indicator does not exist?

There is also a pdf file in Forum which is very useful to first time users like me to understand. It can be used to write a CS indicator but this is not my question...

2 (edited by GD 2015-05-26 06:15:13)

Re: How can I translate a cs indicator to mq4 indicator?

Dear Dr. Popov

I read also somewhere in Forum that to compile the new mq4 indicators of FSB format, I have to treat them as EAs in compilation if I use metatrader.

How to do that using metatrader for compilation and even testing?

3 (edited by GD 2015-05-26 09:00:35)

GD wrote:

Dear Dr. Popov

I read also somewhere in Forum that to compile the new mq4 indicators of FSB format, I have to treat them as EAs in compilation if I use metatrader.

How to do that using metatrader for compilation and even testing?

In  this question I found the answer myself!!!

I just had to copy Forexsb.com directory of FSB in the Metatrader 5\MQL 5\Include directory
Then Metatrader Editor works fine... Great Job Popov

It has to work the same way in MT4. But for some reason it looks for MQL5 directory.
Maybe some problem cause I have installed MT4 and MT5.

I use "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\terminal64.exe" /portable inside MT5 icon to call MT5.

See attach Picture.

http://s4.postimg.org/9t8bpfdc9/2015_05_26.jpg

I just had to copy Forexsb.com directory of FSB in the Metatrader 5\MQL 5\Include directory

This is the way I'm developing the MT indicators.

You can copy the FSB_Expert_MT4.mq4 and FSB_Expert_MT5.mq5 files in the MT Experts folder and to copy an FSB Pro strategy named "Strategy.xml" in the Files folder. Then you can compile and run FSB_Expert_MT5 directly. It will load the Strategy.xml strategy.

This is an easier way to debug the expert and the indicators.

5 (edited by GD 2015-05-26 09:46:03)

Popov wrote:

You can copy the FSB_Expert_MT4.mq4 and FSB_Expert_MT5.mq5 files in the MT Experts folder and to copy an FSB Pro strategy named "Strategy.xml" in the Files folder. Then you can compile and run FSB_Expert_MT5 directly. It will load the Strategy.xml strategy.

Thanks You very much, I will try it ASAP to get the point.

I think what you say, it can be used if ALL MT4 indicators used inside EA are available in FSB corresponded directories.

But please answer me and the top 3 questions, "Ηοw to translate indicator etc".
They have to do with the case, where not all mt4 indicators all available in cs form

In this case I have to create mt4 form to do not use bridge EA. Right?

So, please clarify to me

1) Do I need to have both css and mqh files existed at the same time?
2) Do mqh files only are not enough???
3) Do I need to make changes to other mqh files in the folder of your software,
except the same name indicator ones if cs indicator does not exist?

You need the css indicator in FSB in order to create the strategy and the mqh file in order to export the expert. After the export, you don't need either of them. The export EA contains the used indicators code in its file.

If you want to create custom indicators, you have to make both css and mqh files. You don't need changing any other files. Just put the new files in the proper FSB folders. You don't need any files in MT to trade with exported EAs. The exported EA is completely self containing.

7 (edited by GD 2015-05-26 09:49:32)

Popov wrote:

You need the css indicator in FSB in order to create the strategy and the mqh file in order to export the expert. After the export, you don't need either of them. The export EA contains the used indicators code in its file.

If you want to create custom indicators, you have to make both css and mqh files. You don't need changing any other files. Just put the new files in the proper FSB folders. You don't need any files in MT to trade with exported EAs. The exported EA is completely self containing.

Thanks again. I got it and I have a lot of job...

Dear Dr. Popov

I have some more questions relative to previous subject.

1> Normally all the existed mqh indicators should exist also as css indicators (but not the opposite)
     This does not happen. Is there some reason?
2> Is it necessary css indicators and mqh indicators to have exactly the same name?
     Normally it should be. Am I correct? In few cases this does not happen.

1> Normally all the existed mqh indicators should exist also as css indicators (but not the opposite)
     This does not happen. Is there some reason?

There are about 100 indicators integrated in FSB Pro and you don't need a separate cs code for them in order to export EA. You need cs codes for the custom indicators. You normally download the code from the online repo - both cs and mqh. You need mqh code for all indicators because FSB Pro doesn't contain any mql code. Not all cs indicators are translated in mqh. If you see any discrepancy please report.

2> Is it necessary css indicators and mqh indicators to have exactly the same name?
     Normally it should be. Am I correct? In few cases this does not happen.

The name of the cs file doesn't mater. The important things are the class name and the indicator name. The name of mqh file DOES matter. It must correspond to the indicator name.

I'll post a separate topic for the naming convention.

10 (edited by GD 2015-06-03 02:35:56)

Popov wrote:

Dear Dr. Popov

I have some questions on that to understand better:

1> I created an EA in MT4 Experts folder using FSBpro specific Icon of Menu Bar of FSBpro.
      Then I compile it, as it is, using MT4. I did not find any problem.
      I did not see any question about Strategy.xml file or error by debugger.

a) Can you explain me further what is the reason of using Strategy.xml file inside Files Directory?

b) Do I have to copy each time Strategy.xml file (or one with the name of EA created by FSB pro?)
               in Files directory of MT4 by hand? If Yes, why this can not be done automatically by FSB pro?

2> I created an EA in MT4 Experts folder using FSBpro specific Icon of Menu Bar of FSBpro.
      Then I compile it, as it is, using MT4.

How to define in EA that my broker is ECN/STP?

a) Can you explain me further what is the reason of using Strategy.xml file inside Files Directory?

b) Do I have to copy each time Strategy.xml file (or one with the name of EA created by FSB pro?)
               in Files directory of MT4 by hand? If Yes, why this can not be done automatically by FSB pro?

There is only one reason to do that - to hack the experts easier if you are a MQL guru.

You don't need doing anything said above for a normal usage. You just export the EA and use it in MT.

Read more here: http://forexsb.com/wiki/fsbpro_guide/ex … rt_advisor
See this video: http://forexsb.com/wiki/videos/expert_a … t_advisors

How to define in EA that my broker is ECN/STP?

You don't need defining anything. The expert will detect the ECN rules automatically.