1 (edited by GD 2015-05-25 17:27:38)

Topic: ClosingDay indicator problem for Japan Hours

Dear Dr. Popov

There are few indicators like

DayClosing2
WeekClosing2
and possibly few others which I do not understand how to adjust to work in Japan's time

Japan is about 6 hours in front of Bulgaria.
I cannot adjust  the above indicators in the time i.e. 3 in the morning to close trade.
including Saturday morning.

Is there any possibility to add an offset to EA Generator and this offset to be used in all Time using indicators in the future?

PS.

How can I translate a cs indicator to mq4 indicator? Is there an example?
I cannot find what it needs exactly.
Do I need to have both css and mqh files? mqh files only is not enough???
Do I need to make changes to other mqh files except the same name indicator ones if cs indicator does not exist?
Can I open a separate subject on that?

Re: ClosingDay indicator problem for Japan Hours

Hello GD and welcome in our community!

It is important to understand that FSB refers all time parameters and values to the Time column in the data series. The program doesn't use the local time zone. This is valid for the backtester, bridge trader and the exported EAs.

When you set time in indicators as Day Closing 2, Bar Closing 2, Entry Time and others, you have to address the bar or tick time in the chart being used.

For example, I'm showing you two terminals on my comp from two different brokers.

http://s28.postimg.org/4kmr9n8ax/screenshot_920.jpg

To see the Friday closing time, set the chart period to H1 and put the mouse over the last Friday bar (2015.05.22 in that case). When you do that, MT will show the bar opening time: 22:00 for the first terminal and 23:00 for the second one. That means that the market closes at 23:00 for the first terminal and at 24:00 for the second one.

You have to set Day Closing 2 Friday time according to your broker: 22:59 for the first terminal and 23:59 for the second one. The time you set doesn't depend on your local time but on the terminal time.

How can I translate a cs indicator to mq4 indicator? Is there an example?
I cannot find what it needs exactly.
Do I need to have both css and mqh files? mqh files only is not enough???
Do I need to make changes to other mqh files except the same name indicator ones if cs indicator does not exist?
Can I open a separate subject on that?

Yes, this is definitely a subject for a different topic.

There are more than 150 examples of indicators in CS and MQL. See the indicators project in GitHub:
https://github.com/PopovMP/FSB_Pro_Indicators, the included in the program MQL folder and our online repository.

4 (edited by GD 2015-05-26 03:57:42)

Thank you Dr. Popov

In my case, local time and data time are the same.
Speaking about the same bar in your answer and my case what the value should be?

Do you think to add an offset parameter inside EA Generator in your software can solve problem?

I attach you a picture

As you can see the same bar comes out on Saturday morning!!! This is a common problem in all Japanese users.

http://s1.postimg.org/565d42b4b/2015_05_26.jpg

So you have data on Saturday!!! Weird!

I have to think for Day Closing JP and Weak Closing JP indicators with closing time on Saturday.

In what local time does the market close on Saturday?

6 (edited by GD 2015-05-26 09:24:18)

Popov wrote:

So you have data on Saturday!!! Weird!

I have to think for Day Closing JP and Weak Closing JP indicators with closing time on Saturday.

In what local time does the market close on Saturday?

It closes at 5:59 on Saturday and it starts at 6:00 on Monday

It must be 3 indicators need some changes
I think to have one with Time Shift in minutes in Advanced Settings is the best choice
Why to have 3 indicators... for each case?
For the moment I cannot take responsibility to do it...

Picture Attached
http://s2.postimg.org/yawuuy8ad/2015_05_26.jpg

Bar Closing, Day Closing and Week Closing are different indicators used in different cases.
However I have plans to eliminate the need of their 2nd versions with closing time parameters and to make such setting in FSB and the expert instead. It is in my ToDo for the the next major release.

GD, can you arrange a Virtual Machine with TeamViewer for me? I want to explore the problem and eventually find a solution.

9 (edited by GD 2015-05-27 13:53:53)

Popov wrote:

GD, can you arrange a Virtual Machine with TeamViewer for me? I want to explore the problem and eventually find a solution.

Dear Dr. Popov

It is a bit difficult to do that in the situation the things are here in this moment.
Give me some time to try it myself. This weekend or next.
It does not look finally very difficult this change to be done.
If I will not succeed, I have to install a separate PC...

PS. I will send an email with a link you have to see, as I think it can give some more ideas to your job.

10 (edited by GD 2015-05-28 02:16:05)

Dear Dr. Popov

1> I found useful to use Exit Hour Indicator against Day Closing or Day Closing 2 (I use 4 hours in the morning).

If I use it, then I cannot add in Closing Conditions other Indicators.

If I use Bar Closing, I cannot find in the list Exit Hour indicator available to add (including minutes in the parameters it could be fine) and use it in combination with other indicators to close the trade.

2> Exit Hour mqh indicator does not have a css file indicator.

3> How to use a combination of indicators to close a trade  without to use a Bar Closing?

3> How to increase the number of slots to more than 8? Can you increase it or leave the user to decide? I think 8 is not enough in some cases.

Thanks

11 (edited by GD 2015-05-28 04:55:47)

Dear Dr. Popov

Following my previous questions

1> Suppose that after a Closing Bar I add two Logic Groups, Group A and Group B.
Does it mean that the trade will close at the Close Price of the Bar (closing of the Bar), if one of the Groups give Logic result equal to True?

2> Suppose I have an indicator which gives a price for closing (no use of Closing Bar). How can I add an extra logic condition to that? Is it Possible?

3> How to treat cases where I would like to close a trade before the Closing of the Bar using i.e. Two logic groups?

PS. I am sorry for previous message I do not know how to delete it.

1> I found useful to use Exit Hour Indicator against Day Closing or Day Closing 2 (I use 4 hours in the morning).

If I use it, then I cannot add in Closing Conditions other Indicators.

If I use Bar Closing, I cannot find in the list Exit Hour indicator available to add (including minutes in the parameters it could be fine) and use it in combination with other indicators to close the trade.

You are right. Making an Exit Time indicator for the Closing Logic Slots is a good idea.

2> Exit Hour mqh indicator does not have a css file indicator.

It has. The file is among the other indicator files files at: C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\Indicators

3> How to use a combination of indicators to close a trade  without to use a Bar Closing?

The only possible is to use Bar Closing and then to set closing logic conditions.

3> How to increase the number of slots to more than 8? Can you increase it or leave the user to decide? I think 8 is not enough in some cases.

You can set maximum 8 logic conditions. There is no way to increase the number. If you have logical groups with many indicator, it is better to make separate strategies.

1> Suppose that after a Closing Bar I add two Logic Groups, Group A and Group B.
Does it mean that the trade will close at the Close Price of the Bar (closing of the Bar), if one of the Groups give Logic result equal to True?

The logical groups of closing logic conditions are named with small case letters (a, b, c ,d ...) by default. Yes, if the groups are different, the program will close the position when any of the conditions becomes evaluated to True.

2> Suppose I have an indicator which gives a price for closing (no use of Closing Bar). How can I add an extra logic condition to that? Is it Possible?

You cannot. You have to use Bar Closing.

3> How to treat cases where I would like to close a trade before the Closing of the Bar using i.e. Two logic groups?

You cannot do that. You can either us Bar Closing (Day Closing...) and closing logic conditions or to us ea single exit point indicator.

13 (edited by GD 2015-05-28 07:03:19)

Thanks for all answers

Exit Hour mqh indicator does not have a css file indicator.

I mean I cannot find ExitHour.css indicator

Because it is integrated in the program. You can find it in our GitHub repository: Exit Hour