forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → Reverse strategy option ?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Reverse strategy option ?

Where is the reverse strategy option in FSB? Basically reversing the generated strategy

Re: Reverse strategy option ?

Reverse the logics.

You want to turn linear losing strats into linearly winning? Not gonna happen unfortunately, unless you can reverse the spread too.

Not exactly something else i am testing.

I am asking for a simple way to do it with 1 click, instead of going through each logic and change them 1 by 1

footon wrote:

Reverse the logics.

You want to turn linear losing strats into linearly winning? Not gonna happen unfortunately, unless you can reverse the spread too.

Footon must be right. I reversed a winning strategy and it is still winning. Reversing a loosing one is loosing.

Two clicks

http://s28.postimg.org/xec6unfm1/screenshot_874.jpg

Muplayer2000, this is a frequently asked feature smile but I don't see what it can be useful for.

I tried to reverse a couple, that was a failure. I have not seen anyone do it successfully in any of the groups that I get mail from.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

It was the Idea not to reverse the Strategy paramters , only the orders . If Strategie say sell i wanne buy . Like countertrading a Moving average

example : Moving average falls i wanne buy

for your pick ;-)

Post's attachments

TesterGraph.gif 26.48 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

and the reversed

Post's attachments

TesterGraph2.gif 34.9 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Nikopol wrote:

It was the Idea not to reverse the Strategy paramters , only the orders . If Strategie say sell i wanne buy . Like countertrading a Moving average

example : Moving average falls i wanne buy

for your pick ;-)

For some special cases there might be a need to reverse the orders for true reversing, but the idea stays the same, reversing the orders means you reverse the logic/parameters. You reverse the logic, it's the same as reversing orders.
To mark my words here's an example for you, I hope it sets in in your head: MA rises. Think about it, it rises! What do you want to do about it, buy or sell? Lets say buy, fine, you select "MA rises" in FSB. When it rises, it buys, when it falls, it sells. But no, lets say we want it to sell when it rises! No problems, select "MA falls" in FSB and then it sells the fall and buys the rise. So for that particular bar we can buy OR sell it! See the reverse?

If you are able to generalize this a bit, you'll see it's not about the logic, but about a state or a fact. MA does something at every bar, in our example it rises or falls (or stays the same) in every bar. Therefore we only choose the interpretation for every bar. Technically the trading order will be given at every bar, but it's the user's task to choose which direction it should be. That's the idea of FSB and mirrored logic.

i am aware that this is not as easy as switching a button to make a loser a winner .
finding a startegy that is consitent losing is as hard as find a consisten winning one .
I just wish i had the option to sitwch the button and see what happens .

Nikopol wrote:

i am aware that this is not as easy as switching a button to make a loser a winner .
finding a startegy that is consitent losing is as hard as find a consisten winning one .
I just wish i had the option to sitwch the button and see what happens .

I get your point, but I'm yet to see a loser reversed into winner in my own development work. Every bit of theory I've read states the same, so I have let that idea go. Certainly there are ways to turn losers into winners or at least breakeven, but in those cases the changes are so significant it cannot be declared the same strategy no more, it's a different one.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → Reverse strategy option ?